My flash suddenly stopped working on Sunday evening.

I was tweaking the manual camera settings, and then a few minutes later it would not flash. The assistance light turns on, but then nothing - the pic takes without flash. I don't know if it's a coincidence that the flash stopped working just after trying to discover the manual settings, or if somehow that has affected the flash.

I tried resetting all of the manual camera options first (to auto). I then tried "using default settings" in settings, then tried "camera reset" in photos+settings, then restarting my phone, then a soft reset, I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the Nokia Camera app. Nothing has worked.

I don't want to have to try a hard reset, but it's looking that way. Does anyone know of a fix, or why this may have happened?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

P.S. I'm running Black.
    Last edited by mikepaul85; 02-25-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    02-25-2014 06:58 PM
    Sorry for asking if you are already aware of it, but does the flash icon show that the flash is actually turned on? I think the flash is the only setting that actually persists across closing/opening of the app.
    02-25-2014 10:06 PM
    Sorry for asking if you are already aware of it, but does the flash icon show that the flash is actually turned on? I think the flash is the only setting that actually persists across closing/opening of the app.
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the flash is on.
    02-25-2014 10:10 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the flash is on.
    a real good chance that the flash unit is busted. Send it in to nokia.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    02-26-2014 09:03 AM
    a real good chance that the flash unit is busted. Send it in to nokia.
    That's what I'm afraid of. I'm holding out hope that it's software-related.

My phone is unlocked, so I'm assuming that I'd have to pay Nokia the full price for the repair. I wonder how much it would cost.

I appreciate the reply.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    02-26-2014 07:12 PM
    That's bad we pay to Nokia for repairs from their own mistakes to the device hardware
    02-26-2014 07:16 PM
    That's bad we pay to Nokia for repairs from their own mistakes to the device hardware
    Agreed.
    02-26-2014 08:15 PM
    If you dropped it, chances are the flash tube cracked and the gas got out...
    mikepaul85 likes this.
    02-27-2014 03:48 AM
    My flash suddenly stopped working on Sunday evening.

I was tweaking the manual camera settings, and then a few minutes later it would not flash. The assistance light turns on, but then nothing - the pic takes without flash. I don't know if it's a coincidence that the flash stopped working just after trying to discover the manual settings, or if somehow that has affected the flash.

I tried resetting all of the manual camera options first (to auto). I then tried "using default settings" in settings, then tried "camera reset" in photos+settings, then restarting my phone, then a soft reset, I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the Nokia Camera app. Nothing has worked.

I don't want to have to try a hard reset, but it's looking that way. Does anyone know of a fix, or why this may have happened?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

P.S. I'm running Black.
    05-27-2015 09:43 PM
    I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I discovered some manual settings and started playing with them and now my flash will not work. Did you ever find a solution?
    05-27-2015 09:45 PM