OIS and MF in Nokia Camera (& BETA)

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Looking to see if you are having the same issue as me. If you use auto focus in Nokia Camera when taking a picture, let the camera lock and then gently turn side to side or up and down, notice OIS working? (the background will warp slightly but the focus point will be fine)

Now switch to video, exactly the same right?

Now switch to manual focus in Nokia Camera, get your object in focus, and boom, no OIS! What's the deal? Manual Focus in video - OIS works fine. This is the same in both Nokia Camera and Nokia Camera BETA.

I am running Nokia Camera v.4.5.1.7 and Nokia Camera BETA v.4.6.3.8.

I would like to contine using Nokia Camera (& BETA) as they give me the most control over my photos with RAW support... shame the OIS is bugged in MF though!

EDIT:
Also, the Nokia Beta Labs feedback form doesn't work! How can I report this to Nokia if their god damn form is broken?!

Last edited:

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
In talks with Nokia via Facebook (its something at least).

Discovered that OIS works normally also with infinity focus.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting on a response from Nokia, they are asking is anybody else able to replicate this? Please guys needs your help.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
That's the one. It's like the picture is tilting on screen as you rock the phone. When taking video it does it through out MF and AF, yet when taking a picture it only works on AF or Infiniti Focus, not MF.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Followed Nokias advice to reset the phone, and still the same. Nokia are being as helpful as a chocolate teapot with this one.

Trying to see if there is a Nokia store I can visit nearby to show them rather than explain.

Kryakus

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Trying to see if there is a Nokia store I can visit nearby to show them rather than explain.
They will show you another 1020 with absolutely same behaviour, so don't waste your time (I've checked many 1020's and all of them have this "issue").

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Found the problem and Nokia are investigating. OIS does in fact work with MF, however only once the shutter button has been pressed, whereas in all other instances OIS is operational whilst focusing, and shooting.

To test this for youself set the shutter time to 4s, mf and then point the camera up. Look at the module from behind, hold focus, nothing, press the button and rock the phone and watch OIS spring into life.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven