How do I tun off live tiles for Photo's widget??!!!

Stevens6464

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I've looked everywhere and can't seem how to turn this feature off. I have some personal photo's that I do not want on display when ever I whip my phone out in public. So how do you turn live tiles off for the "Photos" app. Thanks.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Make the tile the smallest size and the photos will not display, just the theme color. There isn't a way to turn it off that I am aware of for medium an wide tiles.

xmob101

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a few pictures marked as 'favourites' and they are the only ones that rotate on the large pictures tile on the home screen. Try that?

AFAIK there's no way to hide some of the pics and have the rest rotate.

TheCrazySwede

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a few pictures marked as 'favourites' and they are the only ones that rotate on the large pictures tile on the home screen. Try that?

AFAIK there's no way to hide some of the pics and have the rest rotate.

If you have "Favorites," then those photos will show a thumbnail on the Camera Roll/Saved Photos tile. Alternatively, if removing favorites is not what you want, you can make the Photo Tile smaller, thus disabling the thumbnail. Removing all favorites will make the thumbnail randomly select photos to preview. If you want, you can select one or more photos that you wouldn't mind/prefer having as a live thumbnail and just keep that photo/those photos as your favorites.

xmob101

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Was that reply meant for me or the OP? You're absolutely right and I was saying the same thing. The OP wanted to make sure his private photos aren't seen on the live tile and I was just saying that short of getting rid of the live tile OR making it smaller (like you suggested) he can save some pics as favourites and those will rotate. This way he can keep a large photos tile on the start screen.

I wish we get some kind of private vault feature with WP 8.1 to store away stuff behind a password.

Candy Redd

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
PHOTOS>SETTINGS>start tile shows....choose single photo

that single photo will be your tile and will not change unless you change it

mth17

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Actually... There is a better way that I have found because I had the same problem as OP

1. Make 1 photo your "favorite"
  2. Make sure there are no other favorite photos
  3. Go to your Settings.
  4. Swipe to the Applications Tab.
  5. Press photos+camera
  6. Select "favorite photos" from the dropdown menu of "Start Tile shows"
  7. Remove the the photo that you have made a favorite in Step 1
  8. ???
  9. Profit. Your start screen will no longer show any photos, but rather just say Photos
  10. I did this because I wanted to Photos Tile to be transparent too and wanted to see my background perfectly.

wp_ss_20141108_0001.jpg

Last edited:

bradhicks

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Agree with poster above. Discovered this by accident the other day, and now my Photo's tile is also transparent. So definitely works.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually... There is a better way that I have found because I had the same problem as OP

1. Make 1 photo your "favorite"
  2. Make sure there are no other favorite photos
  3. Go to your Settings.
  4. Swipe to the Applications Tab.
  5. Press photos+camera
  6. Select "favorite photos" from the dropdown menu of "Start Tile shows"
  7. Remove the the photo that you have made a favorite in Step 1
  8. ???
  9. Profit. Your start screen will no longer show any photos, but rather just say Photos
  10. I did this because I wanted to Photos Tile to be transparent too and wanted to see my background perfectly.

View attachment 86932

Yeah i did same too a long time back since i wanted transparent tile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05