Oppo Find 7 has 50mp Camera

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The bottom line is that the Lumia 1020 is the real deal and what Oppo have done is just find a way to try to cheat people into believing that they can compete with Nokia's 41mp beast, by claiming 50mp photo taking capability.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
but it saves both 5mp and 34 mp (RAW and JPEG) images in one click.
Which i think Oppo Find 7 Does'nt.

Also the Oversampling theory is good, but then their are some drawbacks,
imo 1020 can produce 160 mp images that way :cool:

That's not the point Im addressing. The point is how can someone say what practical use is there for a 50 mp camera for everyday use? One could say the same thing about the 1020. No? I'm not talking about RAW or real deal.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
This is what 41 mp senor is about.
It can handle any situation , any lighting really good and better than other phones
7-Nokia-Lumia-1020-Sky-5MP.jpg

This is the result from samsun galaxy note 3
7-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-Sky.jpg

Now this what you see from Xperia Z1
7-Sony-Xperia-Z1-Compact-Sky.jpg

Next i can reinvent zoom and make a new image all together which other phones have problem in doing,
Crop from 1020
7-Nokia-Lumia-1020-Sky-5MP1.jpg

Crop from Note 3
7-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-Sky1.jpg

Crop from Xperia Z1
7-Sony-Xperia-Z1-Compact-Sky1.jpg

now all people wont need this everyday but i do, 1020 can be called a niche device for photography enthusiasts.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
That's not the point Im addressing. The point is how can Live2Deliver say what practical use is there for a 50 mp camera for everyday use? One could say the same thing about the 1020. No? I'm not talking about RAW or real deal.

If you are a photographer on a job, do you use a cellphone with the relatively tiny sensor to shoot a 50mp photo or a full-frame DSLR? For someone who really cares about taking good photographs, wouldn't he also bring his dedicated camera along?
On the other hand, if you are a causal shooter do you shoot 50mp photos everywhere you go?

See any purpose in the 50mp? Only a small interested group will use it.

That is not exactly the case with 1020. The 38mp photo is used to supersample a flawless 5mp photo which everyone will love.
To keep the 38mp photo or not is the user's choice, but there is a good purpose for it, supersampling.

I won't be repeat following points of my post.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
If you are a photographer on a job, do you use a cellphone with the relatively tiny sensor to shoot a 50mp photo or a full-frame DSLR? For someone who really cares about taking good photographs, wouldn't he also bring his dedicated camera along?
On the other hand, if you are a causal shooter do you shoot 50mp photos everywhere you go?

See any purpose in the 50mp? Only a small interested group will use it.

That is not exactly the case with 1020. The 38mp photo is used to supersample a flawless 5mp photo which everyone will love.
To keep the 38mp photo or not is the user's choice, but there is a good purpose for it, supersampling.

I won't be repeat following points of my post.

Someone who is a real photographer will not be using any phone for real shots. That should be a given. Which is why the 1020 is a niche product. I really don't think you're getting my point. Most everyday camera user will not care about a 50mp for everyday shots as well as a 1020. The argument is not about the quality cause that's a given the 1020 takes actual MP shots without all the fancy lingo to make it sound good. The average person as I am will not care. So once again one could say the same thing about the 1020 and PRACTICAL everyday use. The two phones shouldn't even be compared to each other. The 1520 and Oppo7 would be a better comparison with closer sensors, and even then the 1520 would better. What Oppo did is find a weird better way to create a clearer shot with a smaller sensor. Whether a person cares or think their camera is producing 50mp shots most likely won't care cause they taking auto snaps and selfies anyway. You're basically repeating the same thing I'm saying but willing to exclude the 1020. If you read the article its only taking 13 mp burst shots and over sampling them

Last edited:

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
now all people wont need this everyday but i do, 1020 can be called a niche device for photography enthusiasts.

Exactly my point. The 1020 is a niche pproduct for photo enthusiasts. There's no question the power of what the 1020 can do with the sensor. Hands down there's nothing producing better pics quality with its zoom technology. HTC and Oppo are trying to create something to compete that is not in the same category with Nokia. Most people just want a clear nice pic. They don't care what the MP or photo lingo is. They're not worried about shutter speeds or lighting. Saying using the 1020 41MP for practical use and the Oppo 50MP isn't for practical use is an oxymoron. It should be a given that the quality of Nokia camera and lenses is gonna outshine pretty much anything out right now.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what he's trying to say? Or are we on the same topic?

Someone who is a real photographer will not be using any phone for real shots. That should be a given.
True.
Which is why the 1020 is a niche product.
Refer to following second point.
I really don't think you're getting my point. Most everyday camera user will not care about a 50mp for everyday shots
My point
as well as a 1020.
False, everyday smartphone camera users cares about having awesome super sampled 5mp photos that 1020 gives.
The argument is not about the quality cause that's a given the 1020 takes actual MP shots without all the fancy lingo to make it sound good.
Sentence entirely agreed
The average person as I am will not care. So once again one could say the same thing about the 1020 and PRACTICAL everyday use.
Your stand.
The two phones shouldn't even be compared to each other. The 1520 and Oppo7 would be a better comparison with closer sensors, and even then the 1520 would better.
Why bring in 1520 and similarity of sensor size into talking about purpose of the 50mp shots? Point?
What Oppo did is find a weird better way to create a clearer shot with a smaller sensor.
Yes, that's a technology innovation.
Whether a person cares or think their camera is producing 50mp shots most likely won't care cause they taking auto snaps and selfies anyway.
My point and stand.
You're basically repeating the same thing I'm saying but willing to exclude the 1020.
You did not capture or understand my points.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys calm down.

For now we know nothing can match 1020 imo hands down :cool::cool:

Lets end the discussion now and wait for the developers build and see whats in store for us :wink:

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Sigh. Nevermind.

Guys calm down.

For now we know nothing can match 1020 imo hands down :cool::cool:

Lets end the discussion now and wait for the developers build and see whats in store for us :wink:

I truly think my point-intents are totally missed and we are talking about entirely different topics.
aitt: The existence of 41 and 50mp option, which is a good thing to have. EDIT: Technology, interest.
Me: The actual overall usage level on the field and everyday shooters. EDIT: Who would use 50mp everyday? Only a small group.

Last edited:

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing to calm down. Free and me are just essentially talking about same thing and agreeing on the same thing. My point that I'm making is not matching his, but we both agree along the same line. So I'm simply letting it go cause there no point to keep going round in circle. All good. No I'll intentions.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The bottom line is that the Lumia 1020 is the real deal and what Oppo have done is just find a way to try to cheat people into believing that they can compete with Nokia's 41mp beast, by claiming 50mp photo taking capability.

In a sense its no different than what HTC is doing with ultra pixels. The oppo is only taking stitched 13MP which is a good concept. Since its software, software can improve and that's a positive thing. I think the problem is the media is construing the facts of the 13MP software technology. In no ways would this mount to the quality of true 50MP but it leaves a new idea out to expand on for smaller sensor phone camera

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing to calm down. Free and me are just essentially talking about same thing and agreeing on the same thing. My point that I'm making is not matching his, but we both agree along the same line. So I'm simply letting it go cause there no point to keep going round in circle. All good. No I'll intentions.

Now that we know we do agree on each other, had been on the different boats, can you do something about your post mentioning 'oxymoron'?

Would appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss