03-27-2014 12:26 PM
33 12
tools

now all people wont need this everyday but i do, 1020 can be called a niche device for photography enthusiasts.
    Exactly my point. The 1020 is a niche pproduct for photo enthusiasts. There's no question the power of what the 1020 can do with the sensor. Hands down there's nothing producing better pics quality with its zoom technology. HTC and Oppo are trying to create something to compete that is not in the same category with Nokia. Most people just want a clear nice pic. They don't care what the MP or photo lingo is. They're not worried about shutter speeds or lighting. Saying using the 1020 41MP for practical use and the Oppo 50MP isn't for practical use is an oxymoron. It should be a given that the quality of Nokia camera and lenses is gonna outshine pretty much anything out right now.
    03-27-2014 11:23 AM
    Does anyone know what he's trying to say? Or are we on the same topic?

Someone who is a real photographer will not be using any phone for real shots. That should be a given.
    True.
    Which is why the 1020 is a niche product.
    Refer to following second point.
    I really don't think you're getting my point. Most everyday camera user will not care about a 50mp for everyday shots
    My point
    as well as a 1020.
    False, everyday smartphone camera users cares about having awesome super sampled 5mp photos that 1020 gives.
    The argument is not about the quality cause that's a given the 1020 takes actual MP shots without all the fancy lingo to make it sound good.
    Sentence entirely agreed
    The average person as I am will not care. So once again one could say the same thing about the 1020 and PRACTICAL everyday use.
    Your stand.
    The two phones shouldn't even be compared to each other. The 1520 and Oppo7 would be a better comparison with closer sensors, and even then the 1520 would better.
    Why bring in 1520 and similarity of sensor size into talking about purpose of the 50mp shots? Point?
    What Oppo did is find a weird better way to create a clearer shot with a smaller sensor.
    Yes, that's a technology innovation.
    Whether a person cares or think their camera is producing 50mp shots most likely won't care cause they taking auto snaps and selfies anyway.
    My point and stand.
    You're basically repeating the same thing I'm saying but willing to exclude the 1020.
    You did not capture or understand my points.
    Crasstoe likes this.
    03-27-2014 11:34 AM
    Sigh. Nevermind.
    03-27-2014 11:39 AM
    Guys calm down.

For now we know nothing can match 1020 imo hands down

Lets end the discussion now and wait for the developers build and see whats in store for us
    Live2Deliver likes this.
    03-27-2014 11:54 AM
    Sigh. Nevermind.
    Guys calm down.

For now we know nothing can match 1020 imo hands down

Lets end the discussion now and wait for the developers build and see whats in store for us
    I truly think my point-intents are totally missed and we are talking about entirely different topics.
    aitt: The existence of 41 and 50mp option, which is a good thing to have. EDIT: Technology, interest.
    Me: The actual overall usage level on the field and everyday shooters. EDIT: Who would use 50mp everyday? Only a small group.
    Last edited by Live2Deliver; 03-27-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    03-27-2014 11:58 AM
    There's nothing to calm down. Free and me are just essentially talking about same thing and agreeing on the same thing. My point that I'm making is not matching his, but we both agree along the same line. So I'm simply letting it go cause there no point to keep going round in circle. All good. No I'll intentions.
    Live2Deliver likes this.
    03-27-2014 12:12 PM
    The bottom line is that the Lumia 1020 is the real deal and what Oppo have done is just find a way to try to cheat people into believing that they can compete with Nokia's 41mp beast, by claiming 50mp photo taking capability.
    In a sense its no different than what HTC is doing with ultra pixels. The oppo is only taking stitched 13MP which is a good concept. Since its software, software can improve and that's a positive thing. I think the problem is the media is construing the facts of the 13MP software technology. In no ways would this mount to the quality of true 50MP but it leaves a new idea out to expand on for smaller sensor phone camera
    03-27-2014 12:16 PM
    There's nothing to calm down. Free and me are just essentially talking about same thing and agreeing on the same thing. My point that I'm making is not matching his, but we both agree along the same line. So I'm simply letting it go cause there no point to keep going round in circle. All good. No I'll intentions.
    Now that we know we do agree on each other, had been on the different boats, can you do something about your post mentioning 'oxymoron'?

Would appreciate it.
    03-27-2014 12:26 PM
33 12