nokia camera 1020 bugs

Andi Reza

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
there is differential image quality between what i look in the nokia pro cam for real time and what i look in the camera roll
this things happen in proshot too
is there anybody explain this :eek:rly::eek:rly::eek:rly:
315d93n.jpg

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
yes, we have an explanation,its just sad, that's the reason.... this happened to all nokia lumias after amber update, not just the 1020.... I don't know when will this be fixed... its making me lose my mind, as I bought my 920 as it was marketed to have a very good camera... any iPhone gets better pictures.... its only sad...

Andi Reza

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
yes, we have an explanation,its just sad, that's the reason.... this happened to all nokia lumias after amber update, not just the 1020.... I don't know when will this be fixed... its making me lose my mind, as I bought my 920 as it was marketed to have a very good camera... any iPhone gets better pictures.... its only sad...

thanks for the information taymur, i hope nokia will update the amber really soon, the camera become sucks for a moment

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The photos pre-amber were massively unrealistic, the contrast was way too high. Nokia have altered the camera processing algorithms in the later versions (Amber and again in Black) to make colour tones more natural.

The fix for this is to shoot in RAW (if possible) and use software such as Lightroom or RawTherapee to get the colours how you like. I can't see Nokia changing back to the over-processed images they had before.

Andreja Dodov

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
There is some problemwith my camera on L1020. Watch it in 1080P/Full screen. Look from the right side, there is some blue noise... is this normal!? it like the sensor is less sensitive. Watching videos on youtube from L1020 i didnt noticed. atching the file in full quality on my PC, the noice is much much more visible.

GPendolino

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I actually don't use any of the editing software on the phone itself. I figure if I'm getting RAW images (DNG) from a 41mp camera, I'm going to load them up in Adobe CS6 like I do with my RAW files from my Nikon D800.
That being said.....

I have the JPG and DNG version of the same photo on my editing monitor in front of me now and even though they're the same photo there's a world of difference between the two.

The JPG is a different temperature all together and somewhat over exposed. The colors are more washed out/muted. Grainy when enlarged on my screen.
The DNG is much richer in color and detail. Less grainy (not noise free which is a bit disappointing but acceptable).
I actually set up a pair of constants in softboxes (as there's no way to remote trigger strobes that I know of with this phone....yet).

Do you have any photo editing software on your computer that you can run your photos through?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12