Get the 1020 or wait?

Braini4c

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok so i have the s4 and i realy want a windows phone so i was wondering should i get the 1020 or should i wait for a new lumia device? i live in the UK so i can not get the icon. Also how good is the phone for a power user?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery will suck but you can get the camera grip with extra juice. I've never run out with it. You can also get the charging shell and a wireless charger. Wireless charging makes the battery last a bit longer.

Truman82

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Wha do you mean by battery sucks? Can u give some examples what does it require to run out of juice?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Sucks because it's a new phone to me and I've been testing the camera which is obviously going to drain the phone much faster. Regardless, the 1020 drains faster than my previous 920.

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
how dose this phone compare to the 1520 ? is it on par with it ?

I've owned both the 1520 and the 1020 multiple times.

Overall, the 1520 is a better phone. (way better battery, way better display, and snappier)

However, the camera on the 1020 IS better. And for one handed use, the 1020 is more comfortable. I wouldn't say the battery sucks like some here do. I find it to be on par with most phones.

You can't go wrong with either.

FWIW, I settled on going back to the 1020 purely for the camera. On top of that, I recently bought a surface pro 2, so the big screen real estate of the 1520 is no longer a big deal to me.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm traveling through Europe later this year and I don't have a camera (I'm not really a photo taker in every day life). I figured, why not get a new phone with a phenomenal camera instead of a dedicated camera which I'll only use for a couple weeks. But I won't be traveling until late summer...around when I expect Nokia/Microsoft will have a successor to the 1020 out. I decided to just buy the 1020, enjoy it and if the new model is so compelling that I just can't live without it, then I can sell the 1020 and pay the difference...not the end of the world. In general, if you ask yourself "should I just wait for the next [insert phone here]" then you'll never end up buying something because there's always something around the corner.

I'm a little concerned reading this thread about battery life. My experience with Windows Phone has been quite good when it comes to battery life...hope it's not as bad as some people here are suggesting!

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is only bad because the camera on mine is always in use and in comparison to the 1520. Compared to say an S4, a 920, etc, results should be similar, but I'd consider all phones in that group, "bad."

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
heavy photo shoots will drain the battery apart from that its similar to other phones , it has a 2000mah battery and a 4.5" 720p screen running off a dual core cpu and a decent gpu , so you can copare it to other phones with similar specs , standby time is great but taking pics , watching films and playing games can drain it quickly

I find this a great companion to my 1020 http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc®-iC...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2393764

it has 5000mah power , a lead built in and its pocketable , it charges the 1020 twice and it puts power in it quickly too ;-)

to the original question , hell yeah the 1020 is still worth it if mine broke tomorrow id buy another straight away ;-)

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Been using 1020 for 5 months now....and battery life is awesome....its last me 2 days on medium use....camera is best ever in a mobile phone....thou I say people who get battery drain..can be apps or the housing of the phone...I had cracked my screen and damaged my housing...soo I got new screen and installed new housing...since then iam getting battery drain..I formatted the phone had zero apps installed....still battery was draining...soo I agve my fone to nokia to test....soo I got new lumia 1020 black and have brought red housing also for it....I think phone wise 1020 is best....and a 2nd phone 1520 is very good...

sent from lumia 1020 or note 2

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would say wait four more weeks. We're super close to the launch of WP8.1 which will probably come with at least one new flagship device. I think we can expect something of the size of a 1020 but with better CPU, and who knows, maybe LCD, SD card and built-in wireless charging.

Edit: this is coming from a very happy owner of a 1020

waltzik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
on stand by mode and pretty much making calls alone battery is good but on medium usage battery drains like crazy immediately screen is lite up and am playing with an App :) so generally jux standby mode and call would give me like probably 2days but anything that involves me keeping screen on for say 1hr drains almost 30% out of battery which is poor

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Up to you dude. Looking from your needs, I guess the 1020 is the best for you ? I mean even if Nokia does announce a new device or a successor to the 1020, it doesn't mean that your 1020 is the best. It is just a former flagship. It is STILL a very powerful camera phone, coupled with quite a decent OS. As for battery life, it is really up to you. To some it may be short, to some it may last longer. But in the end, it is up to you. :)

Braini4c

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Well to be honest i wont use the camera much i don't really take many pictures to be honest to reason i want a 1020 is because i want a windows phone i recently bought the 1520 and i loved it but it was way to big for me so i had to return it.

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Ahhhh.. So you are going for the OS more instead of the camera. Hmm... yeah. The 1520 is kindda big, and not many may like it. But still. IF you want to wait or get a 1020 immediately is up to you.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa