Hi,

i'm looking for detailed dimensions on the Lumia 1020 to do some computer modeling.

I've been searching the internet for a while now looking for some solutions to mount detachable lenses to my 1020. I have found a few solutions such as some diy mods to the official camera grip accessory, and also the beastgrip. While both of these options are usefull, neither quite fit my needs. The case mods fit lenses good, but the problem is that they are not centered on the phones lens. The beastgrip has me very tempted, but its too bulky, and as i'm not a professional photographer, I don't need all the attachment capabilities that it contains. However, I do some 3d modeling work, and am sure I could design a case to fit the 1020 that would adapt to attachment lenses, and still fit into one's pocket. Though, I can't seem to find the detailed dimensions on the phone. If anyone knows where I can get these, or a 90% accurate model of one I can bring into my programs, that would be awesome.
    03-14-2014 04:45 PM
    There's one on GrabCAD that looks reasonable. The surfacing looks improvised but I imagine the measurements are decent, and you did ask for just 90%.
    03-16-2014 03:28 PM
    I've been looking into doing something like this too, since my library actually invested in some MakerBots. I don't have the dimensions myself, but I'm looking at remixing something already posted at thingiverse...

Search Thingiverse - Thingiverse

There are a couple of options that look like they could be extruded to the appropriate length, once I decide what kind of lens mount I want to make for it.
    03-16-2014 04:29 PM