Which image to Flash to de-brand (UK)?

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Apparently to flash new firmware I need the firmware and a product code. I have a UK Lumia 1020 64GB Black from O2 that's unlocked. The hardware revision is 4.4.6.2. I want to de-brand it so that when Windows Phone 8.1 is released I can get it straight away as an OTA update.

Having looked through the codes here and here I don't know which one to get. I want the one you'd get if you bought a phone from Nokia's store I guess (for the UK, if that matters).

Thanks

Last edited:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
From the websites you have linked, the country variant product code for the black Lumia 1020 is 'Euro GB CV Black (059T1V6)'. But you have a 64 GB variant, which might be exclusive to O2. In which case, I do not know if the country variant product code will work.

As a side note, it is very likely that Microsoft will have a developer preview release for Windows Phone 8.1 as well, so you do not need to flash to a country variant for the updates. However, if you have some kind of aversion to using the preview, I suppose flashing to the CV would be best. I'm hoping someone else can clarify if the regular CV ROM will work for the 64 GB version.

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, that's helpful.

I remember with the preview releases for Windows 8.1 you couldn't update to the Release version afterwards. Is Windows Phone the same? I want to be up to date, but with convenience.

I suppose if one ROM works for 16GB and 32GB it's likely to work for 64GB.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Previews do not work the same way for WP. You'll be able to install the official firmware release and subsequent updates on top of the preview.

Of course, I'm basing this on the preview for Update 3 and Lumia Black. Since WP8.1 hasn't been announced yet, I can give no guarantees right away; it shouldn't be different from last time.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Flashing 059T1V6 worked fine, although it's a really old ROM and doesn't seem to want to let me get any updates.

EDIT: It's not an old ROM (apparently) it's just all the apps are old and need updating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss