So, on Sunday, I was climbing into a paddle boat with my son in this swamp in Malibu. I had linen pants with shallow pockets, and my Yellow Lumia 1020 fell out, and sunk about 2 feet deep! The boat was already moving so my son and I quickly got in and then back peddled, I looked down and spotted it. Fortunately, it landed face down, so the yellow color made it visible. I reached down, almost tipping the boat, and grabbed it. It was still powered on. I quickly wiped the screen and powered it off. It was submerged in this muck for at least 45-60 seconds.

My wife asked the kitchen staff for a bag of rice. A few minutes later, I was able to put it in a small bag of brown rice. I left it overnight, and in the morning powered it on. I used it all day yesterday - and it is fully functional. No system failures of any kind. Everything works as it should.

REALLY impressed that this phone was able to function after such a devastating event. Respect!
    03-18-2014 02:18 PM
    Oh heck that's a nightmare , seriously I'd consider taking it to some service point for phones or if you're competent DIY yourself for disassembley and cleaning eventhough its working just now,
    as if water has got in and damped some connectors they could fail from corrosion at a later date ,i wouldnt try nokia care as they'll be a water indicator on the pcb so nokia care would know when open if water has gotten inside,

or if you dont have a conscience you could sell it to someone your not likely to bump into for some time and buy another
    03-18-2014 03:28 PM
    Oh heck that's a nightmare , seriously I'd consider taking it to some service point for phones or if you're competent DIY yourself for disassembley and cleaning eventhough its working just now,
    as if water has got in and damped some connectors they could fail from corrosion at a later date ,i wouldnt try nokia care as they'll be a water indicator on the pcb so nokia care would know when open if water has gotten inside,
    I thought of that as well. Well, we'll see if it lasts...

or if you dont have a conscience you could sell it to someone your not likely to bump into for some time and buy another
    I would never in a million years not disclose something like that!
    03-18-2014 03:36 PM