No screen off app

elnina Nina

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if there is an app similar to "No screen off" (Android) that allows to suspend the automatic screen off, then reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
Click on the widget to toggle between the two modes, to change the screen timeout.
It's extremely useful for me, and I used it on my Android phone a lot.

Thanks!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey elnina Nina welcome to wpcentral forums
You don't need an app for this , go into phone settings ->lock screen -> set the screen times out to desired time or to never.

elnina Nina

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello and thank you!! :)
I know about the phone settings, but the switch is so much simpler - just ON and OFF, without going back and forth to the phone settings.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
true , it's such a pain to dig into settings , my guess is windows phone 8.1 have quick settings toggles and they are user customizable , so in the final build we might see an option for screen time out :) ( I pray they add one )

elnina Nina

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I just hope that someone will just write this simple app.
It's really annoying when taking pictures. I have set it up for 30 seconds, so practically every time after taking a picture I have to log in again. Missed so many great moments already... :(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just hope that someone will just write this simple app.
It's really annoying when taking pictures. I have set it up for 30 seconds, so practically every time after taking a picture I have to log in again. Missed so many great moments already... :(
Do you have your device set so it needs a password each time the screen locks? I also have my screen lock after 30 seconds, but I don't have a password required until 15 minutes. I'm not an enterprise user, though. If you are an enterprise user, you might not have a choice, due to your IT policy.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
gedesugy.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

elnina Nina

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Good question. My screen locks after 30 sec, but I might have to change the password setting to 15 minutes.
However, I still think that an app temporarily disabling screen off would be nice :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Good question. My screen locks after 30 sec, but I might have to change the password setting to 15 minutes.
However, I still think that an app temporarily disabling screen off would be nice :)

Such an app would defeat the purpose of having a password lock. However, if one is an enterprise user and wishes to, it is possible to disable use of password completely. That's not something I recommend, though.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the "never" option on the Icon nor was it available on the HTC8x. It would be extremely useful while using the phone as a music player in the car.

elnina Nina

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have it on my Android phone and find it extremely useful. I only disable it for the time when I am playing a game, reading something or taking pictures. It does not defeat the purpose of having a password lock, because after I am done, I enable it back.
The whole beauty about is that it works literally like a switch, turns on and off by touching the screen, without messing up with the phone settings.
Google "No screen off" app for Android to see what I am talking about.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the "never" option on the Icon nor was it available on the HTC8x. It would be extremely useful while using the phone as a music player in the car.
I wonder if the "never" option is unavailable on AMOLED devices to prevent screen burn in. My previous device, the Nokia Lumia 900, didn't have the "never" option, but that had an AMOLED screen.

CernT

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Quite old the thread but maybe helpful for others too:)

Use "System tiles" and the tile "lock phone" - works nice with WP8.1 Preview Edition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss