Need your help and feedback

flytogoto

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
so unfortunately my display on my Lumia 1020 broke a few days back. It happened when I tried to take it out of the camera grip for the first time. My Lumia was only one week old. It happened the first time I used it with the camera grip. It is a tight fit as you know especially when you use the grip for the first time. I wanted to push it out of the grip with my thumps and the LCD-Display broke. right at the corner where the power button is and where my thump was placed.
Now my question to you: "Has anything like that happened before has anybody had the same issue?"
I sent my 1020 to the Nokia Support but they told my they will not repair it under Warranty. They said it it is a mechanical Issue which is not covered by the warranty. The company which is repairing it was arvato which does the support for Nokia here in Germany. They told me I have to contact Nokia directly otherwise I have to pay for the repair of the screen. The reason being that I am responsible for the damage.
Today I talked to Nokia and they said the assessment of arvato is correct. Nokia will not talk to arvato that the repair will covered under warranty.
Needless to say I am upset at the moment and find it very strange how Nokia is handling this problem. They told me that arvato is responsible for the claim and that they never heard of such an issue before.
I am trying to find out if anybody else hat a problem with the camera grip please let me know.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi that's very worrying ��myself ive only used mine a few times and its a little tight getting the clips to release but i never applied any pressure to the display i just got my thumbnail and released right side first as per instructions once that was released just a matter hope it don't jump back in when release the other on left side,i have a speck case so im used to prying that thing off which is much more difficult ,one area of concern re the camera grip for me was the micro usb after owning several E7 phones and them getting worn to point of not working anymore due to myself plugging in perhaps at a little angle ,i just hope theyve improved them on this camera grip ,perhaps that's why its a nice snug fit so as to align to the plug with very little play...good luck on getting your display repair for free✌ and nodoybt you'll take extra care when using the grip again.

flytogoto

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Here is a picture to show you where it broke.
The thing I don't understand is that the LCD screen broke while the glass in totally fine. 357254054524923-1.jpg

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Two questions really:
First, I've not got a camera grip, so don't have the instructions. But did you attempt to remove the grip in accordance with the instructions?
Second, what are the consumer laws like in Germany?

If it was me and removing the grip in the way the instructions show caused the screen to break I'd be entitled to a replacement. And I'd make sure I got it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon