Interval photography with 4 sec shutter?

Kim Diedrichsen

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody. If it exists, Can anybody point me to a app that makes it possible to choose any of the 1020's exposure times in a interval shoot setup.
The apps ive found and tried until now have the interval option but no options to choose exposure?
I would like to try to shoot the moving night sky.
Thanks in advance.

Kim Diedrichsen

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Larue. Thanks for the reply.
You are right also referred to as time lapse.
I tried all the obvious ones i think, searching the store for timelaps/interval apps,
But they are all VERY basic, the one you pointed me to has 1 feature ONE!
And its set resolution.
I just got proshot hoping for it to be the answer, but still im not able to chain shutterspeed and interval together.
Maybe its a hardware issue not allowing for it?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
From my understanding the sensors in smartphones are a bit sensitive so you can't expose them too long otherwise they heat up too much and can damage them. Which is why the maximum exposure is 4 secs.

As for your situation. I'm guessing it may be a SDK limitation. Not sure.

Taking pictures of the sky is not that easy, using a smartphone is probably not the best method.

Kim Diedrichsen

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your replys. I Went and got proshot, And it got all i need and more, Applaus to the developer.
I do understand the limitations on shutterspeed vs. overheating, and i think 4 seconds should be very fine for night sky photos with a resonable iso setting.
I used to modify my canon cameras with the chdk software wich could easely outstreatch the limits of original software and overheating destroying the sensor
is a real possibility.
But filming at night in low temperatures does help to stretch those limits a tiny bit.
Again thx to all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos