A long shot, but does anybody know if this is possible? Or do you know how I could go about stripping the lenses off of the module?

I would like to leave the Gorilla Glass screen on the outer housing in place which is easy enough, it's just removing the glass within the module itself I am having difficulty sussing.
    03-25-2014 01:58 PM
    Hi i very much doubt you could remove the lenses from within the module and reassemble and for it to still work.1020-module.jpg

you can get modules as spares if these spares are made in china copies then perhaps they are missing lenses and god knows what else .

im intrigued as to why you would even want to do such to your phones great camera anyhows?
    03-25-2014 03:01 PM
    More an experiment than anything else. Vadym Chalenko (the chap behind BeastGrip - Instagram) has taken the lenses away from his Galaxy S3 and is using a C Mount lens directly on the sensor and getting some brilliant results, albeit with a shoddy excuse for a sensor. I was interested to see what a 41mp sensor could do.

The reason I am after an additional sensor (or unit) is so I can test without junking the fabulous camera and optics in which Nokia have chosen.
    03-25-2014 03:34 PM
    More an experiment than anything else. Vadym Chalenko (the chap behind BeastGrip - Instagram) has taken the lenses away from his Galaxy S3 and is using a C Mount lens directly on the sensor and getting some brilliant results, albeit with a shoddy excuse for a sensor. I was interested to see what a 41mp sensor could do.

The reason I am after an additional sensor (or unit) is so I can test without junking the fabulous camera and optics in which Nokia have chosen.
    How about just buying a real camera. You can get a Sony NEX and mess around all you want with old school glass etc.
    03-25-2014 03:37 PM
    Just curiosity really. I like to see how far something can be pushed, and the 41mp sensor is something that really intrigues me. I'm happy with the results I get from my own DOF adapter, but if I can improve the images further then why not. Don't get me wrong, I don't use the DOF adapter all the time because of it's size, and this is just an idea at this stage, but if it were possible I am sure I could get hold of another 1020 at a decent price (far reducing the costs compared to a camera, plus I like the 1020 controls and screen.
    03-25-2014 03:43 PM
    It's not like even an aps-c sensor though, seems like a lot of energy for less than stellar results. Don't get me wrong, the phone takes amazing photos, even close to a low end dslr, but not the customization and control.
    03-25-2014 09:55 PM