Hey, I just got my 1020 yesterday after upgrading from my 920 and I know the screen isn't LCD but whenever I scroll the text gets blurry and whenever I scroll through Facebook the images get kinda blurry. Is this a defect or something I have to deal with due to the flaw in AMOLED screens?
    03-29-2014 10:37 AM
    Hey, I just got my 1020 yesterday after upgrading from my 920 and I know the screen isn't LCD but whenever I scroll the text gets blurry and whenever I scroll through Facebook the images get kinda blurry. Is this a defect or something I have to deal with due to the flaw in AMOLED screens?
    What do you mean by 'blurry'? Any chance you could find/upload a video that shows this?
    03-30-2014 12:16 AM
    I'm guessing he means motion blur/dot crawl/screen lag ?, the kind of effect you see when a screens refresh rate can not keep up with the action that is being displayed on it.
    03-30-2014 04:16 PM
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you mean is.. In settings menu, when you scroll the white text against a pure black background fast.. it looks as if its blurring.. its not bluring.. your eyes cant keep up with the refreshing,.. its not a fault.. its part of AMOLED.. the S3, S4 and Note 1.. they all have it, but seriously, its not an issue really, besides who reads a screen as they are scrolling or flicking it fast.. slow it down..

If its bothering you though.. Goto > Settings > ease of access > Increase text size.. that will help alot.

Hope that helps
    ttsoldier and jojoe42 like this.
    03-30-2014 05:18 PM
    I just upgraded myself. I noticed the difference instantly. I even scrolled them side by side..

Your eyes will get accustom after a while.
    03-30-2014 07:28 PM
    I just upgraded myself. I noticed the difference instantly. I even scrolled them side by side..

Your eyes will get accustom after a while.
    Yea I'm starting to get used to it but still.. Even when I'm on google I can tell the purple text gets a little blurry where as my 920 doesn't.
    03-31-2014 02:32 PM
    The same thing happens in the Lumia 925. It's probably something common with AMOLED screens, although I never noticed it occur on my 810. It doesn't bother me, though.
    03-31-2014 02:57 PM
    I just want to say after having this phone for about a week, it seems the screen sort of needed a break-in period. I no longer have the blurry text problem and I no longer see a gradient of lines in my photos or white backgrounds when I'm scrolling on Facebook or on Google.
    04-04-2014 01:38 PM
    This is a normal problem with smartphones, especially amoled phones. The problem is Nokia says in their marketing, that the phones have puremotion display, which means that the phones should not blur when you scroll. This was accurate for the 920 because it had LCD. Scrolling on that phone was perfect. The 1020 and 925 have amoled phones, and Nokia should have removed that term, but as it stands it's deceiving. It might be better than AMOLED phones, but definitely not as good as the 920.
    04-04-2014 06:36 PM
    You could in theory remove the blur from an AMOLED screen bu pumping more juice to it to speed up its refresh rate, and the have text rendered and anti aliased constantly, but the heat and battery drain would make it unusable.

Remember an AMOLED uses almost no energy displaying an image, it is motion and the initial display of that image that uses the juice.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk
    04-05-2014 03:32 AM
    I just want to say after having this phone for about a week, it seems the screen sort of needed a break-in period. I no longer have the blurry text problem and I no longer see a gradient of lines in my photos or white backgrounds when I'm scrolling on Facebook or on Google.
    Hi Lawrence,

How did you do that, did you install any soft or adjust any in seting, I just got a Lumia 930 and I got the same problem, so disappointed the flagship phone. I have been expecting more than that....
    08-09-2014 11:41 PM
    Poor quality amoled used by Nokia, stay away from them
    08-12-2014 06:46 AM
    Doesn't this have more to do with the RGB sub-pixel arrangement in the display, i.e. pentile vs. RGB striping? I'm thinking as the pixels are moved up or down, the green sub-pixel is shifting causing the display to appear "blurry" at every other line. I could be way off on this though-- does the 1020 have an AMOLED pentile display or is it a better arrangement?
    08-12-2014 09:13 AM
    Doesn't this have more to do with the RGB sub-pixel arrangement in the display, i.e. pentile vs. RGB striping? I'm thinking as the pixels are moved up or down, the green sub-pixel is shifting causing the display to appear "blurry" at every other line. I could be way off on this though-- does the 1020 have an AMOLED pentile display or is it a better arrangement?
    It's pentile
    08-12-2014 07:36 PM