Could you resolve your battery issue?

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, so this post is to all 1020 owners who suffered from the high battery drain on the 1020 and were able to resolve it! My intention is, to create a thread which helps others but trying another method. Instead of posting which isn't working, please tell us what helped you resolving it (or at least make it better). I think there is hope, because I already read a few times where users reported they could increase their battery life... A before-after comparison would also be nice.

So please let us know

BlackZeppelin

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Stop using your phone as often :)

LMAO.......Yeah, don't use the camera, don't web browse, don't text or email, don't play any games, don't download anything, don't drive by HereDrive, don't play music, don't use a compass app, don't use a torch app, don't facebook or do any other social media, don't Skype. Turn off the phone completely between phone calls. That should fix it.

Now in all seriousness, I'd love to hear from people who have had battery drain issues that came right.

elfallous

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I just take a new 1020, my old phone is a Lumia920, the battery draining issue is clear on 1020, at night I disable all data and WiFi connections, activate the power saving mode, but in the morning I found 25% gone, with my L920 the battery remains practically inchange

dougplanet

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Other than a weak cellular signal when out of town, the only time I saw unexpected battery drain on my 1020 was (ironically) when I had a battery app that worked as a background task.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
In response to the thread, the first day I had my 1020 it lasted 8 hours on battery saver. Initially I was pretty worried, but over the next few weeks the battery life really started to straighten out and impress me. I think it's just a case of a 'new toy'; when anyone gets anything new they use it quite a lot when they just got it. That and I think that lithium ion batteries need a good run-in too (sort of like a warm up?) before they get up to their full potential. Now I get about 14-16 hours per charge with moderate usage, and even two days on light usage. My advice is just to be patient and wait a few weeks before deciding whether it's an issue.

Also, rifle through all the settings on your phone (literally click every setting in the settings app) and tweak them to suit you - for example I don't have an Xbox, so I turned Xbox integration off. I tweaked the sync intervals for my various mail accounts too, and disabled 50% of the background tasks running. My recommendation is to just tweak everything to suit you, and the phone should work with that. If you find that you get more battery than you need realistically (like I did), then enable a few of the handy, but not necessary features like double tap to wake, LTE and Glance. Most modern-day smartphones are designed to be able to do everything the user wants within a day, and if you get to the afternoon and it's below 20% Battery Saver does a really good job of saving precious battery until the charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven