Testing 1020 with latest Nokia Care Suite... Strange..

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
So today i downloaded Nokia Care Suite again and I decided to make a few Tests with the integrated Testing Feature. First of all, running the automatic self test, everything is fine... (even the charging test but I don't think this refers to any battery drain problems) but then I saw a few very strange results. Look at the screenshots:

1020 bat.PNG
1020 bat2.PNG
wp_ss_20140331_0001.png

My 1020 says that currently the battery is charged to 80%. Then reading the battery stats with care suite, it tells me, there are "only" 72,9% left... (also after changing the testing mode to normal, the phone always says ~80%). But the thing which I'm concerning the most is the "Authentication Failed Count: 8". Does anyone know what this could be?

(Background story, I have the 1020 since 3 months. 3 weeks ago I decided to send it to Nokia Care because of the battery draining issues. They only changed my old battery with a new one, nothing else... But since I have it 1 week now, the battery life with ~16-18 hours remained the same, others reports they get 2 days... Indeed the consumption in the screenshot is abnormal low, which I think will be a reading error (and 10hours it were on flight mode).)

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just tried the same with my 1020 and get the same difference in the battery reading. Phone itself shows 100% full but Test Mode in Care Suite says 93,8 %.

I'll just keep it on the charger for another 30 minutes and repeat the same... But this just confirms that the Windows Phone battery gauge is just a Sch?tzeisen...

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just tried the same with my 1020 and get the same difference in the battery reading. Phone itself shows 100% full but Test Mode in Care Suite says 93,8 %.

I'll just keep it on the charger for another 30 minutes and repeat the same... But this just confirms that the Windows Phone battery gauge is just a Sch?tzeisen...

Thanks for sharing your results! Do you also have some failed counts opening the "HV Battery..." (1st screenshot)?

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your results! Do you also have some failed counts opening the "HV Battery..." (1st screenshot)?

Oh yes. I have my 1020 since October last year already. Successful count is 115 and failed is 19.

And now half an hour later on my computer's USB port, battery test show the charging level at 95,9 % and the phone itself still says (what else) 100 %

So in future I will keep my phone on the charger for some time after it shows fully charged, maybe it lasts longer that way. On the other hand, if I had it on the charger the whole night in the past, the battery readings in WP were totally off and would show sometimes only 80 % after two hours. A reboot let the percentage jump to over 90 % and then it was a slow, steady discharge. But that seems a problem that many 1020 owners do have.

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
at least I'm not the only one, so I will worry less about the failed value...

Interesting that the percentage on care suite increased, even when the 1020 says "full" (stopped charging?).

But do you think the difference could came from the calibration in the phone? So the care suite shows always the same (programmed) percentage in relation to the voltage (and if a older battery has a lower max voltage, it will never reach the 100% in care suite?)... Idk just a thought... I also think the issues with the percentage reading are very common (which mosten can be solved by restarting the phone)

Btw did you ever had battery issues (some say it lasts 2 days, others only 8hours...)?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Btw did you ever had battery issues (some say it lasts 2 days, others only 8hours...)?

Battery life depends on usage , if a person just use phone for calls , he can get even more juice from it , a moderate user will get 10-12 hours on full charge which includes music , light games , texting , web browsing. If you play heavy intensive games or apps be prepared to charge it after every 4-5 hours (it's not a tablet lol ) and for extreme user I think I don't have to say get a charger ready wherever possible.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Battery life depends on usage , if a person just use phone for calls , he can get even more juice from it , a moderate user will get 10-12 hours on full charge which includes music , light games , texting , web browsing. If you play heavy intensive games or apps be prepared to charge it after every 4-5 hours (it's not a tablet lol ) and for extreme user I think I don't have to say get a charger ready wherever possible.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

I know this already, I read hundreth of posts in other forums and so one, please don't go off topic. And there was a clead indication that a lot of people had serious problems/drain, even without doing anything and others reports the opposite... For me "it depends on your usage" is not really a answer (sorry I don't want to offend you, if I did this :), just wanted to say that I am aware of this and please discuss this on other threads, here primarly I want to discuss the "issues" related to nokia care suite ) :smile:

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
at least I'm not the only one, so I will worry less about the failed value...

Interesting that the percentage on care suite increased, even when the 1020 says "full" (stopped charging?).

But do you think the difference could came from the calibration in the phone? So the care suite shows always the same (programmed) percentage in relation to the voltage (and if a older battery has a lower max voltage, it will never reach the 100% in care suite?)... Idk just a thought... I also think the issues with the percentage reading are very common (which mosten can be solved by restarting the phone)

Yes, seems plausible that the difference is from the calibration in the phone. What is strange now after another 40 minutes the value in Care Suite dropped from 95,8 % to 92,6 % :(

But apart from the wrong battery info I didn't have any serious battery problems yet. I always made it through the day and usually do have at least 30 % left in the evening even after quite good usage during the day.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I know this already, I read hundreth of posts in other forums and so one, please don't go off topic. And there was a clead indication that a lot of people had serious problems/drain, even without doing anything and others reports the opposite... For me "it depends on your usage" is not really a answer (sorry I don't want to offend you, if I did this :), just wanted to say that I am aware of this and please discuss this on other threads, here primarly I want to discuss the "issues" related to nokia care suite ) :smile:

I am not taking the topic to an off topic , you posted about battery life , so I quoted it and give my quick reply ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes