15 hours fully charged

Brandon Boucher

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
is this normal? I put everything that reduces battery consumption.

when I got home it was down 30% so about 10 hours.

I only have 12 gigs left, most is from metrotube.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
15 hours of use seems spot on for the device.
Smartphones these days just don't hold a candle to PDAs and dumbphones of old.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the problem would be though, instead of the rare battery fire, maybe we'd have the rare destroyed building

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I average about 14-16 hours of moderate usage on most days, sometimes even two days on a charge at a stretch but by 9pm the next day I'll have to charge it. Definitely a step up from my iPhone 4 post iOS 5.1 (which barely lasted 8 hours sometimes)

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It always depends on the actual usage plus your general network coverage. For example my 1020 usually lasts 8-12 hours, completely depending on when I am doing what. When browsing the web while riding the train, where network coverage is poor, the device sucks the battery dry so fast, you can almost watch it minute by minute. Doing the same on a stable WiFi connections is much more friendly to the battery.
My secondary phone, a BlackBerry Q10 usually manages to make 14-18 hours a day on similar use. However that device has a slightly larger battery with 2100mAH, plus a smaller screen with 3.1".

The current phablet devices get nothing but praise for their battery performances, especially the 1520 set a new benchmark or two in this regard. While they have larger screens for sure, they also sport much larger batteries. The 2000mAH battery of our 1020 is simply undersized for the 4.5" display. I wish they would've dropped that camera "bump" and instead just made the overall housing thicker to fit a larger battery.

There is also not much you can do about it. There are some basic rules for manually micromanaging your battery drain by enabling and disabling certain settings depending on your needs. In addition you can always by an external charger to keep your phone charged while you're on the go. Last but not least wait for the successor and hope Nokia, or Microsoft, will include a better battery.

This is the only gripe I have with this phone, I again have to worry about the charged battery when leaving the house. The speed is decent enough for me, as is the display and general hardware. But that lousy battery is really bringing down the whole device package to a lower level. I'll be getting some external charger next month for sure.

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I am a light user but I can easily get 40 hrs out of mine. Though I am using it unlocked on T-Mobile so Im not sure how that plays into it

BlackZeppelin

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately this is an all too common issue with the 1020. Just note the myriad of threads relating to this topic. We have to face reality. The 1020 has a real weakness with battery life that some will live with and many others refuse to.

Sent from my RM-915_apac_australia_new_zealand_215 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro