Internet Sharing not working on unlocked RM-877 with latest OS update

benjaminries

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

I have a Rogers-branded Lumia 1020 (RM-877_nam_canada_234) pentaband, unlocked and running on Wind Mobile (an AWS 3G carrier). Everything works great. I just got it, SIM-unlocked it, and started updating... the most recent update was to OS version 8.0.10521.155.

Whenever I try to turn on Internet Sharing, it tries for a few seconds, and then gives error "Connection not shared. There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal, and try again."

Yes, I've installed Nokia Access Point and activated the APN.

Is anyone else having this problem?

benjaminries

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Nevermind, solved it. For anyone else in a similar situation, this is what I did...

1. Go into Nokia Access Point and create a second "dummy" setting... call it "wind alt" and set the APN as broadband.windmobile.ca
2. Activate the dummy setting inside Access Point, so that the proper one (in my case, "WIND") is inactive
3. Try to enable Internet Sharing. It won't work, because there really is no data connection.
4. Go back into Nokia Access Point, tap and hold the correct/original setting (for me, "WIND") and choose Activate
5. Delete the dummy setting, which is now inactive.
6. Enable Internet Sharing - now it works.

Best I can figure, the settings don't "take" the first time because you need to be switching from one APN to another. This is some voodoo but there you go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99