1020 vs 1520

msrb21

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm kinda happy with my 1020. Features and everything, however, I expected a lot with the camera... Most of the time, the white balance is off and focusing can be a bit tricky.

Now I'm wondering, if I bought a 1520 instead, what the experience will be. So, anyone here who has both phones? Should I switch?

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm kinda happy with my 1020. Features and everything, however, I expected a lot with the camera... Most of the time, the white balance is off and focusing can be a bit tricky.

i had that bad impression at first, but over time things changed. it really needs some getting used to , and some practice. for example, from my experience, its best to always manual focus. results are better, and this allows you to take multiple pics in succession, pretty fast. you really need to learn/practice and play around with the ISO,shutter speed and brightness. and learn/experiment with the 3 of them.(for example, slow shutter speed = sharper pix, in case ur shooting a moving target such as babies or animals, but obviously it will be darker, because it wont have much time to capture light).

also, although im against the use of flash, its kinda a must, for indoor pictures, especially at night. you get that silly yellow tint, but the pictures does look alot more sharper and pleasant... less noise. people in general look great(apart from the red eye thingy)...

after i updated to Black, the lumia 1020 camera is worthy for praise and lives up the hype :).

msrb21

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i had that bad impression at first, but over time things changed. it really needs some getting used to , and some practice. for example, from my experience, its best to always manual focus. results are better, and this allows you to take multiple pics in succession, pretty fast. you really need to learn/practice and play around with the ISO,shutter speed and brightness. and learn/experiment with the 3 of them.(for example, slow shutter speed = sharper pix, in case ur shooting a moving target such as babies or animals, but obviously it will be darker, because it wont have much time to capture light).

also, although im against the use of flash, its kinda a must, for indoor pictures, especially at night. you get that silly yellow tint, but the pictures does look alot more sharper and pleasant... less noise. people in general look great(apart from the red eye thingy)...

after i updated to Black, the lumia 1020 camera is worthy for praise and lives up the hype :).

i better practice more then... thanks a lot for the tip!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05