Weird Bug Lumia 1020. Any reason why?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My mom's 1020 for whatever reason is kind of buggy...Idk why this is.

I have a 1520(used to have a 1020) and my brother has a 1020. Of course i have to deal with her complaints when something goes wrong since i pushed her to a Lumia 1020 lol.

What happens is, for whatever reason WIFI just randomly stops working. It'll show she is connected(both in the Icon at the top where you swipe and under settings/wifi) yet it doesn't actually load anything.

She'll be searching on Bing, Facebook, etc etc and she'll get the loading dots at the top of her screen that'll run endlessly. I have to then go into her settings and turn off wifi and then back on and it'll start working but then eventually it does it again shortly where there is no data or whatever.

I don't recall this happening on my 1020...and it definitely doesn't happen on my 1520 so what could be going on here?

Any help would be welcomed!

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Weird Bug Lumia 1020. Any reaosn why?

hey Micah I have this issue on almost all of my devices (iPad , Lumia 920 ) but the issue for me was bad Wi-Fi reception , it shows connected but when I move into phone settings , the wifi bar is just 1, never able to use Wi-Fi in my backyard lol .You can try a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button at same time until your phone vibrates (ignore slide down to power down screen ).

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Weird Bug Lumia 1020. Any reaosn why?

Thanks. I guess i will try this as well. Though it is odd my 1520 seems to be fine with reception.
But thank you both :)

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my 1020. My old 920, which now my wife has, doesn't have that problem.

What usually helps for me is switching Wi-Fi off and on again in the settings, after that it works.

I must say, I partly blame my Wi-Fi access point as that has some other problems and needs to be restarted every other week or so, otherwise PCs in the same network can no longer reach each other, while internet access is still fine.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
My 920 did this all the time, I changed the channel on my wireless router and it went away.

Other devices however did not have any issues.

cybernouris

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Exactly the same problem with my 1020 and my home's WiFi router and at least a couple others I usually connect to. Even sent it to the local nokia care, which after 3 weeks of waiting, responded with a "Firmware Update, all checks OK".

Of course the problem still exists, every other device works OK with my WiFi router for years now.

Tried changing channels, fiddling with other wireless settings (802.11b,g,n with any combination offered), but nothing fixes the problem for me. Also I probably isn't a reception issue, since this happens even with the phone sitting within a meter from the router.

This is a really breaking bug for me, happens almost every time my phone sleeps for more than half an hour or so. Of course, WiFi is always on in the phone settings, tried multiple soft and hard resets, but nothing solves this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05