Camera beeps while taking picture

eins2dreivier

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

I was shooting the moon lately when I realized that the camera makes two very faint beep sounds when taking a picture.
As far as I can tell it's beeping when the shutter opens and closes...but only when taking a picture! No beeping when starting or closing the camera.
Before I run to the store to complain I wanted to ask if this is normal...I'm aware that all the clicking and rattling is...but beeping worries me xD

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe you are talking about the "beep then shutter sound" when taking a photo?

If so, you can disable this:

Go to Settings > ringtones+sounds > scroll to the bottom and untick the "Camera Shutter" sounds.

hope this helps :)

eins2dreivier

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I already disabled the shutter sound in the settings but it has no effect on the beep sounds.
The beep is coming directly from the camera and not from the speaker like the shutter sound you can enable in the settings.

Thank you :)

Ajay Selwal

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey it is not normal, initially my Lumia doesn't use to make such noise but now it does. The sound seems due to some mechanical moving component and not a software issue. And this sound is damn irritating when it comes in videos recordings and spoil the whole clips.
Please give any solution... Plz plz

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey it is not normal, initially my Lumia doesn't use to make such noise but now it does. The sound seems due to some mechanical moving component and not a software issue. And this sound is damn irritating when it comes in videos recordings and spoil the whole clips.
Please give any solution... Plz plz

When you take photos, the little "beep" you hear from the camera module is the OIS turning off and the shutter closing. If you're getting a noticeable whining sound during video, might want to check out this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/256979-1020-ois-screech.html . Bear in mind it's normal to have a little bit of that sound when recording in a quiet room

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos