How I solved my battery drain on my lumia 1020

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hm, while (as I said somewhere else) I get a decent amount of hours (10, 12, 15) this is interesting. Battery calibration is something that has concerned me since my first WP. My biggest issue here is the potential damage that a battery can suffer... is there any?

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
no there shouldn't be any damage by discharging your battery :)

it's true that Lithium battery get damaged by a low charge, but before you can reach that low charge, a long time before your phone will shut down. The normal usage has more impact. Therefore after 2-3 yrs your battery will loose capacity because its used, "old", not because you discharged it to often :)

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So, for those who find that your battery life is better, may I know how long is the estimated time remaining when charged to 100%? Has the time remaining improved after going through all the charged and discharged processes? Thanks!

Last edited:

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
i am suffering from the exact same problem! using whatsapp drains my battery like anything! discharge rates go up to 12% per hour! while idle...this rate goes down to 2%...dont know why such variations...never happened before!

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
i am suffering from the exact same problem! using whatsapp drains my battery like anything! discharge rates go up to 12% per hour! while idle...this rate goes down to 2%...dont know why such variations...never happened before!

I have a normal usage of 10% per hour. I will test this solution here, when the battery is "empty".
Maybe i should send the 1020 back to amazon and wait for the L930 that have maybe a better battery runtime =/ but not these cool camera

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
TBH, this is the first time I see something different about a battery drain thread, every time someone posts this he tells us to turn off everything, and it solved his battery drain, well not this one.

to summarize his approach, the only new trick here is that, leaving the phone 10 - 15 minutes after it told you its out, will actually give you more juice available. I have to say WOW, how didn't anyone find this one.

Great Job I must say.. thank you man, im trying this today, im gonna kill my battery. :D

Edit Post: why wont this work, if you just turn off your phone at any point? can anyone elaborate?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
TBH, this is the first time I see something different about a battery drain thread, every time someone posts this he tells us to turn off everything, and it solved his battery drain, well not this one.

to summarize his approach, the only new trick here is that, leaving the phone 10 - 15 minutes after it told you its out, will actually give you more juice available. I have to say WOW, how didn't anyone find this one.

Great Job I must say.. thank you man, im trying this today, im gonna kill my battery. :D

Edit Post: why wont this work, if you just turn off your phone at any point? can anyone elaborate?

Not my set thought. When the battery is flat, it is really flat. It will not turn on no matter how long I waited for. Anyways, after all these charging and discharging cycles, the estimated remaining time shown on the battery saver is 1 day 7 hours. Not sure if there are any improvements or not....

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I am happy for you if I could help you! It simply won't work because the only way to recalibrate the battery is by charging and discharging. turning off your phone does not have any impact. when you switch it off you have i.e. 50% and after turning back it back on may 49% (or something different because it calculates a wrong percentage because of the false calibration). So it really needs to be discharged to 0!! (when the phone is dead) and then to 100 again (and let it there for another hour). This is the only way to tell your phone when its empty and full and the rest makes the phone :)

secher

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have just sent my 1020 off to get repaired, but this is the first thing i will do when I get it back!
If this works, you deserve a medal!

Joven Catibog

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Mine stucked at 100% for about 9 hours of standby since overcharge up to 1,hour as the instruction given above. Then when it reach 99%, it drops 1% every 20 seconds of using.. Now i got 3 cycles of discharging method

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
yeah! the 1020 camera is like no other...wud b so hard to part ways with it! but no use of such a wondeful camera if the battery drains out so quick!

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine stucked at 100% for about 9 hours of standby since overcharge up to 1,hour as the instruction given above. Then when it reach 99%, it drops 1% every 20 seconds of using.. Now i got 3 cycles of discharging method

1% per 20s of usage??! Are you playing games? That's really bad imo.

Joven Catibog

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I already done it 4 times and it shows improvements. So i decided it to stop coz overcharging many times may not be advisable, and start it again by normal charging. But the problem comes back! Wrong calculations of percentage occurs again and drain so fast while moderate using even without internet Connections. My question is how many times overcharging will be applied?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I already done it 4 times and it shows improvements. So i decided it to stop coz overcharging many times may not be advisable, and start it again by normal charging. But the problem comes back! Wrong calculations of percentage occurs again and drain so fast while moderate using even without internet Connections. My question is how many times overcharging will be applied?

I think the wrong info provided by the battery status is a serious bug. Not sure if it is fixed in WP8.1 though. Can't imagine MS allows this to happen even on WP8.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
It was never accurate. The phone can only estimate it by the voltage, and the user's usage patterns... WP have the tendency to shut down before the battery 🔋 bar reach zero as to not harm the battery.

It's a matter of increasing the accuracy of the estimation, but it will not be 100% accurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs