Nokia 1020 on Metro PCS

AlastorX50

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Since the merger with T-Mobile, MetroPCS became a virtual operator providing service using T-Mobile's nationwide GSM/HSPA+/LTE network. For the status of the former-MetroPCS CDMA/LTE network, T-Mobile US - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Lumia 1020 supports GSM : 850/900/1800/1900 MHz HSDPA : 900/2100 MHz

I don't see why not since its using T-Mobiles towers.

Last edited:

Heather Gelabert

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It is now 9-24-15, and as a pretty well informed user of my windows phone, I have been waiting for the denim install for quite some time. Regularly check to see if it has been received, and manually check for updates, still no love.

At this point, does anyone with a 1020 on metro pcs have the update? If so, is it time for me to try to involve customer service of some sort? Because we all know how unbelievably terrible that experience can be, and how much I would try to avoid it...

In other words... Help, please...:unhappysweat:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Updates depend on the original carrier of the device. Even though it's been unlocked and you are using it on MetroPCS, they have no influence at all over the update process.

Is it AT&T, Rogers, or something else?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
3051.50009.1451 is Denim.

You are likely seeing a known bug in Extras+Info that says Cyan or Denim depending on whether PFD is enabled or not. Try toggling that and see what it tells you afterwards.

Heather Gelabert

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You were right! When I toggle off the preview app, it does show as denim. And when I turn it on, it shows as cyan. It does appear that most of the updates I was waiting for are there, like live tile folders, lumia camera, eat. However, the new cortana feature that is supposed to be able to verbally access her is not working. And I went into cortanas settings to see if this was something I needed to activate, and I didn't see anything. What should I do? Also, should I leave the preview off?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Preview on or off doesn't make a difference other than it falsely telling you Cyan instead of Denim. If you're up to date with Preview turned on, you've got the latest available.

"Hey Cortana" - the feature which launches Cortana when you say that - depends on hardware only available on the newest high-end handsets, i.e. the Icon, 930 and a few others. Not for the 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)