Is everything OK with my camera?

NeoST

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I just bought a used Lumia 1020 with stock 8.0 (version 8.0.10517.150 - don't know what "name" of software this is).
I've been shooting a few images in 5MP+34MP DNG mode.
When I transfer them to my computer and compare them in 1:1 ratio, the DNG images are full of noise (I've been reading it's due to RAW unprocessed data, which makes perfect sense) and blurry.
I understand why they're noisy, but is it normal that they are blurry ?
I tried focusing manually and automatically.
I tried fixing them in ACDSee Pro (I'm no expert in photography), de-noising them, adding sharpness and detail, resizing to 5MP resolution, but never succeeded to get them to look as good as 5MP ones.
When I view them at the same zoom level, the DNG lack detail and are blurry, while "Pureview" 5MP ones look great (although sometimes too bright).

Also, the RAW DNG pictures seem to get darker towards the edges, as if they had a slight "vignette" effect applied, thus giving me problems to even the brightness of the picture.

Just wanted some experts around here to take a look at my pictures and tell me if everything is OK with my camera, or the problem is in me (so I can rest in peace or send it to repair while it's under warranty).
Also, if you have some good advices, I'd like to hear them because for now I'm avoiding DNG pictures :eck:

Link with 5MP Pureview + DNG samples: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8c3ugbmofw87ifm/1r_utuhqt4 (especially take a look at the last picture, the garden)

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea