Brand New UK 1020 64GB for ?240

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
nope you pay the ?240 phone bill and then cancel the airtime ;-) if you use quidco they offer ?50 cashback too so you can get it for under ?200 which is an absolute bargain ;-)

Have you done this and had the cashback money in your bank account? Do you need to be a Premium member, or will basic members get the cashback too?

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
nope you pay the ?240 phone bill and then cancel the airtime ;-) if you use quidco they offer ?50 cashback too so you can get it for under ?200 which is an absolute bargain ;-)

...sorry, forgot to ask whether you cancelled the airtime element of the contract through QuidCo, or do you do that directly with O2? (Apologies for the questions, I'd never heard of QuidCo before you mentioned it above, so it's new to me :) )

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
...sorry, forgot to ask whether you cancelled the airtime element of the contract through QuidCo, or do you do that directly with O2? (Apologies for the questions, I'd never heard of QuidCo before you mentioned it above, so it's new to me :) )

to be honest with you , I have just done it , the deal has tracked at ?50 and pay out date is the start of june , as long as the contract is paid and not cancelled I should think I will be ok , I ordered the phone Saturday afternoon and it should be here tomorrow , quidco basic account showed the ?50 within 2 hours but they wont pay me until the start of june , I will put the sim card in it , get it unlocked , wait a week or two and pay of the ?240

as I haven't cancelled the contract but paid it off in full I would expect to get my ?50 cashback ;-)

edit - sorry everything is done through o2 , you just click a link on the quidco site and it takes you to the o2 online store , you make your purchase and it should track the order because you used quidco to link you to o2 , so the phone tariff etc is all through o2 , the cashback is all with quidco , quidco only pay out if you complete the deal , I would think that paying out the contract is completing the deal whether they beg to differ is yet to be seen ;-) you will need to call o2 to cancel the airtime and pay the ?240 and get the phone unlocked , you will need to have activated the sim and the phone by putting the o2 sim card in the o2 phone , they wont unlock a phone that hasn't had the sim card put in it when I asked it was rejected until the sim card had been put in the phone ;-)

Last edited:

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
to be honest with you , I have just done it , the deal has tracked at ?50 and pay out date is the start of june , as long as the contract is paid and not cancelled I should think I will be ok , I ordered the phone Saturday afternoon and it should be here tomorrow , quidco basic account showed the ?50 within 2 hours but they wont pay me until the start of june , I will put the sim card in it , get it unlocked , wait a week or two and pay of the ?240

as I haven't cancelled the contract but paid it off in full I would expect to get my ?50 cashback ;-)

edit - sorry everything is done through o2 , you just click a link on the quidco site and it takes you to the o2 online store , you make your purchase and it should track the order because you used quidco to link you to o2 , so the phone tariff etc is all through o2 , the cashback is all with quidco , quidco only pay out if you don't complete the deal , I would think that paying out the contract is completing the deal whether they beg to differ is yet to be seen ;-)

Thanks, very helpful. It sounds as though you'll keep the air time element of this deal though, which is the part I want to cancel and if I cancel the air time, I guess the cashback won't come through as the deal won't be completed...

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, very helpful. It sounds as though you'll keep the air time element of this deal though, which is the part I want to cancel and if I cancel the air time, I guess the cashback won't come through as the deal won't be completed...

No, you don't have to keep the airtime element. That can be cancelled when you pay the phone plane off.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
What is it you miss about the 920 over the 1020? I'd be interested to know as I might have a go at this O2 purchasing option, but have a 920 already!

It was my first Windows Phone. The 1020 is a better phone in every way but I'm still a bit sentimental about my old 920.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Even through QuidCo?

no one knows wether quidco will pay out when I cancel the airtime contract ..... I will leave it two weeks , make sure the phone is unlocked , pay off the contract with o2 ........ if quidco pay out the ?50 then that's an added bonus a nokia 1020 brand new 64gb model fully unlocked is worth ?240 all day long and when this deal ends and it stops getting sold you will easily get your money back if your not happy with it ;-) it could even be an error on their site as the refurbished one is going for ?360 still :-/

the thing with quidco is they track the item when it is purchased , allow the cooling off period incase you change your mind , then check with the seller a little bit later to make sure you met the criteria , then they pay out , I have used them before with two contracts and they paid out each time , I have never used them when paying off a contract off , chances are they wont pay out , chances are they ask o2 and see I paid it in full and I get the money , it could go either way , like I said above though even if they don't pay out a 1020 at ?240 is still a big bargain ....... the quidco thing is more for people happy to carry the contract on for a few months etc ;-)

don't forget you also get a ?20 Microsoft voucher and about ?30 worth of games so that's ?50 right there without the quidco saving ;-)

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
no one knows wether quidco will pay out when I cancel the airtime contract ..... I will leave it two weeks , make sure the phone is unlocked , pay off the contract with o2 ........ if quidco pay out the ?50 then that's an added bonus a nokia 1020 brand new 64gb model fully unlocked is worth ?240 all day long and when this deal ends and it stops getting sold you will easily get your money back if your not happy with it ;-) it could even be an error on their site as the refurbished one is going for ?360 still :-/

the thing with quidco is they track the item when it is purchased , allow the cooling off period incase you change your mind , then check with the seller a little bit later to make sure you met the criteria , then they pay out , I have used them before with two contracts and they paid out each time , I have never used them when paying off a contract off , chances are they wont pay out , chances are they ask o2 and see I paid it in full and I get the money , it could go either way , like I said above though even if they don't pay out a 1020 at ?240 is still a big bargain ....... the quidco thing is more for people happy to carry the contract on for a few months etc ;-)

don't forget you also get a ?20 Microsoft voucher and about ?30 worth of games so that's ?50 right there without the quidco saving ;-)

Good point, thanks for the voucher reminder and the QuidCo clarification!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs