Random restarts.

w00cash1020

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

After upgrading my 1020 to black I started getting random phone restarts. Phone turns off and then randomly turns on (can't be turned on manually) . I pick up the phone and often see the enter pin screen. I used the SRTool, had the phone sent to a Nokia care center but to no avail. Maybe someone here can help me get rid of this annoying issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Scopes64

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
@OP I posted a thread on the same subject just before yourself. My Lumina 1020 is exhibiting the same problem. (check my post for full details)

With regards the question of a case. I do use a case but I don't feel the phone overheating, which I assume is the point you may be raising?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
@OP I posted a thread on the same subject just before yourself. My Lumina 1020 is exhibiting the same problem. (check my post for full details)

With regards the question of a case. I do use a case but I don't feel the phone overheating, which I assume is the point you may be raising?

That, plus some cases can put pressure on the buttons and cause havoc

Here's a link to your post so w00cash1020 can see it: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/279884-random-power-down-reboot-issues-revisited.html

w00cash1020

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok feck it. After 3 restarts yesterday and a restart each morning when I wake up and see the pin screen for 4 consecutive days I decided I'm gonna go to the Nokia place and tell them to replace it. This is ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

w00cash1020

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I really need to vent now...
The story more or less here Re: 1020 issues. - Nokia Support Discussions
Phone got back from 3rd repair a week ago and even though I said no to another repair and wanted a working new phone they "repaired" it by reloading software again (did nothing last 2 times) because the ****ty law says they can do it if the repair costs no money....
Some customer service... I had a couple phones in my life but never had any problems with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea