I picked up a 1020 today after seeing a good deal.

The first 1020 was glitchy, when I pressed the home key it was jumping to calendar, to random photos and zooming in a out randomly. The screen became unresponsive and the phone had to be soft reset several times. I took it back to the store and exchanged it for another.

Tonight I switched if on to set it up and it's exactly the same. Really glitchy with the same characteristics.

I can't believe that two 1020s have the same fault. I've to go back to the store tomorrow to see the manager. Had anyone had similar faults?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-25-2014 02:40 PM
    This 1020 is completely unusable. I can't believe I've had two new 1020s that are suffering from the same problem.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-25-2014 05:31 PM
    Try setting screen sensitivity to normal instead of high - mine had some strange issues until I did that
    sdc1 likes this.
    04-26-2014 08:36 AM
    Tried that. I took it back to the store today and we concluded that it was a bad batch. Two bad phones in a row with the same fault is too big a coincidence.

I now have a yellow 1020 which is behaving perfectly.

It was more than a sensitivity issue, the phones were going crazy.
    04-26-2014 01:17 PM
    Tried that. I took it back to the store today and we concluded that it was a bad batch. Two bad phones in a row with the same fault is too big a coincidence.

I now have a yellow 1020 which is behaving perfectly.

It was more than a sensitivity issue, the phones were going crazy.
    glad you got it sorted mate , there are some cracking deals on the 1020 at the minute I cant believe its so cheap especially with the cash back deals , you can get one for under 200 , that's crazy!!!

I have had similar luck with phones it started with the n95 and n97 and loose hinges and the likes , I got through quite a few , then the 808 it took me 3 attempts to get a good one , the 920 I had troubles with too and it took me about 3/4 before I got a good one , the 1020 I have been lucky with touch wood and all the ones I have seen have been built the same , no creaking , no dust under the lenses or screen , no scratches out of the box , no purple tinted screens , no dodgy camera units etc etc

like I say glad you got a good one think I am going to have to get me another one while they are so cheap here at the minute ;-)
    04-26-2014 03:15 PM
    It really is great value. It's worth getting one at this price just to have. It'll be one of the last phones to have the Nokia brand plus the camera will make it an iconic, memorable phone I think.

I just wish Nokia's quality control was a bit better.
    04-26-2014 04:24 PM