06-25-2015 04:47 AM
59 123
tools
    Still waiting for MS to release the CYAN update OTA for us on Dev Preview so we'll know if it fixes this issue.
    09-04-2014 06:41 AM
    I am pretty sure now that it is a hardware issue.
    Last time I tried to connect the phone to my laptop (Win 8 Home, USB3 ports, stock cable) it started to loop on the unrecognized hardware and didn't even charge.
    If I connect it to the wall, they it charges just fine, but there is no way I can make my PC recognize it and I tried all the "solutions" posted in this thread. I think I'll buy the app I mentioned earlier, that way I can backup all my files to my PC without the need for a cable.

/sighs, it is quite disappointing. Having such a great phone with such a great flaw.
    09-10-2014 08:30 AM
    If your operating system did not come with Windows Media Player, install the Media Feature Pack for your version of the operating system.
    Get Windows Media Player - Microsoft Windows

Use the USB cable that came with the phone.
    Connect the phone to the PC. Turn it all the way off, hold power button and slide the screen down. The phone will turn back on and it will be detected, drivers should load.
    You should see it in windows explorer. It should install in 'portable devices' in the device manager.
    09-10-2014 10:05 AM
    If your operating system did not come with Windows Media Player, install the Media Feature Pack for your version of the operating system.
    Get Windows Media Player - Microsoft Windows.
    Problem is:
    "Included in Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro"
    "Included in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Pro"
    My laptop came with Windows 8 Home edition ahd I updated to 8.1. I bought it in the US so I know is not an N or NK Windows edition. I checked the about and I have WMP 12.0.9600.17031 so yeah, I have the Windows media player and the feature pack. because they come with the OS

Use the USB cable that came with the phone.
    Connect the phone to the PC. Turn it all the way off, hold power button and slide the screen down. The phone will turn back on and it will be detected, drivers should load.
    You should see it in windows explorer. It should install in 'portable devices' in the device manager.
    Tried to turn it off and connect (basically the same thing) I've used stock cable, original nokia car charging cable, original nokia power bank cable, samsung cable, HTC cable, a thread with 2 plastic cups on each end, nothing works.

I give up. I give up.
    09-10-2014 06:26 PM
    @Compiux

Trust me, it's not the drivers - nor Windows 7/8/8.1. Like I said before, I tested my 1020 on 3 different machines, with newly installed/formatted Windows OS'es. -each time it manifested the same "USB not recognized" issue. The problem is the phone itself. Somehow the DP installation corrupted the USB drivers in the phone itself.

I couldn't wait any longer for the CYAN update. I was hoping the release of the CYAN firmware for the DP users would come sooner and fix this issue. I brought my unit to a Nokia Care Center last week. I got a call yesterday that they replaced the mainboard of my 1020 free of charge. (My unit is till under warranty). I will pick it up tomorrow.

Good luck guys! Here's hoping I don't have to come back here and get the same issue...
    09-22-2014 08:32 PM
    @Compiux

Trust me, it's not the drivers - nor Windows 7/8/8.1. Like I said before, I tested my 1020 on 3 different machines, with newly installed/formatted Windows OS'es. -each time it manifested the same "USB not recognized" issue. The problem is the phone itself. Somehow the DP installation corrupted the USB drivers in the phone itself.

I couldn't wait any longer for the CYAN update. I was hoping the release of the CYAN firmware for the DP users would come sooner and fix this issue. I brought my unit to a Nokia Care Center last week. I got a call yesterday that they replaced the mainboard of my 1020 free of charge. (My unit is till under warranty). I will pick it up tomorrow.

Good luck guys! Here's hoping I don't have to come back here and get the same issue...
    Same here. was getting repeated 'USB not recognized' errors. took it to Nokia Care, they replaced the motherboard. works like a charm now :)
    PS: Nokia has a 24 month warranty so all 1020s should still be covered under it.
    09-23-2014 03:23 AM
    Thanx for the heads up.
    I don't think there is a Nokia Care Center in my country, but maybe the carrier covers the warranty.
    09-23-2014 10:50 PM
    Hi, 2015. I'm having this problem, any fixes?
    06-25-2015 02:32 AM
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear that. In my experience the only solution is to send it back to nokia. I'm quiet sure it's a hardware problem because everything goes fine after having it fixed.
    06-25-2015 04:47 AM
59 123