1020 not connecting to PC

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My new 1020 doesn't seem to connect to my PC. My 920 connects just fine, I plug it in, I hear the USB connection sound and the app pops up. But my 1020 on the same cable, nothing. The Device Manager doesn't even pick up that anything is there, though the phone does show that it's being charged. I know it's not the cable, and b/c my 920 works it's probably not the PC. I'm worried b/c I installed 8.1 on both my phones and technically that voids the warranty. So if this is a bad device, I may be screwed.

ElyasMacheras

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
This seems to be a problem with 1020 with no actual solution other than reboot and hope it works. I will be following this thread to see how you go about solving it.
At least you are not getting Unknown Device/UnIdentified Device errors :) That could be a good sign.
I hope you have better than luck than me!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Just reboot your phone and your pc both..;! Hopefully it'll work :) none of my devices have this problem thought sometimes my laptop 💻 goes crazy then i reboot my phone and my laptop both and it's all ok

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So just reboot the phone and plug it back into the PC? That often works? Luckily this isn't something I expect I'll need often. Only reason I needed to do it this time was cause my 1020 for some reason started taking pictures last night, and didn't stop until it was completely out of memory. I have thousands of black pictures. And the pictures app only lets you select around 50 pics at a time. I was hoping to delete them all at once.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
This seems to be a problem with 1020 with no actual solution other than reboot and hope it works. I will be following this thread to see how you go about solving it.
At least you are not getting Unknown Device/UnIdentified Device errors :) That could be a good sign.
I hope you have better than luck than me!
You just need to connect and then uninstall all your l1020 drivers...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720