Lumia 1020 Wireless charging

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the DT-900 because I had a 920 a while back. I'm debating on getting the wireless charging case for the 1020 but I'm not sure if the wireless charger will charge the 1020 as well as the corded charger since the output is different. The Wireless charger has a .75A output while the corded charger has a 1.3A output.

Anyone know if I use this charger if it'll damage my battery at all from the different outputs?

Will the charge from the wireless charger be good enough for my Lumia 1020 to last 14 hours like it does with the wired charger?

Does anyone have any complaints about the DT-900 on the 1020?

Is there a better wireless charger for the 1020 with a bigger Amp Output than .75 other than the DT-900?

My birthday is coming up and my girlfriend wants to get me something, I told her that I wanted the wireless charging case, but I actually want to put it to use. I'm also thinking about buying the JBL PowerUp speakers as well. Is that better for charging my phone?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really want to find a birthday present for me because she isn't good at shopping for gifts :p

Thanks everyone!

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the dt900 and the wireless shell thing and can also confirm it charges the 1020 fine ,

as nodoubt you will have noticed when wireless charging your 920 it does take longer than charging by the micro usb charger.

And once charged it will last just the same as if charged with micro usb charger.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the info. I really tempted to get it. How does it feel in the hand compared to not having it on? I like the matte feel of the 1020 and how thin it is. Does the case add a ton of bulk? Does the case feel the same or similar to the 1020 matte feel?

I would go to the store to test it but I'm at college in the middle of no where.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I would offer to send you my 1020 cover free of charge but Nokia is taking forever to release a worthy successor :). In any case, I prefer to not leave it on because to me it does add enough bulk to be inconvenient when not charging the device. Its not massive, but I prefer the way the 1020 feels without it.

Also, it does snap to the device but its not extremely secure so I'm always worried about snagging the corner "snaps" on a pocket or something

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. My girlfriend ordered it for me so I should get it in a week or two. I'll keep that in mind to preserve the car longer. Any other tips for using the case?

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. My girlfriend ordered it for me so I should get it in a week or two. I'll keep that in mind to preserve the car longer. Any other tips for using the case?

Yes... Take care of your 1020 when with wireless case. I'll not protected your phone body of any accident.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes its nice and smooth to feel and adds minimum bulk to your 1020 ,how-much protection it provides id say minimal as its about 1mm in thickness.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't use the wireless charger. The battery throughout the day goes down twice as fast as normal. I can't make it 5 hours after using the wireless charging. I can make it 15-18 with wired charging

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
That is not caused by the wireless charging case. Check your apps and check battery sense. Something is using the batter in the background. Either that or you aren't getting a full charge at night.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I did an experiment. First day, I plugged my phone in and took it off the charger at 8Am and didn't touch it until noon and I had 98%. Then the next day, I put it on the charging plate and took it off at 8Am again. Both times the phone was put on the charger at midnight the night before. But the wireless charge at noon was at 85% after not touching it. I did this a few times and every time it was around the same percentages.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can the wireless charging shell be used while "driving only"? Assuming the presence of a wireless car charger, will the charging be enough to keep the battery constant if not lose charge while using, say Drive or Waze?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
My wife owns the 1020 with wireless case and we own the jbl Bluetooth speaker with wireless charging. Yes it works. No another charger wont charge it faster qi is a standard. It would take a different size qi charger. The case does work just more finicky with placement than the 920. Its actually better for the battery as with qi once the phone is fully charge it doesn't "trickle charge" as it does with wired chargers which puts extra wear on the battery. Plus not having to plug it in to charge it lowers wear on the micro USB which means you're less likely to short it out or damage it over time. I definetly recoment it. Just don't forget to take the sticker off the contact points on the back of the 1020. Funny enough my wife did. Called me the case wont work. Got home and realized she had the sticker still covering the contacts. Lol.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
James, is the charging speed enough to sustain the juice in the phone while using GPS apps?

I use an old Nokia 820 qi car holder/charger with my 1020 and while running CoPilot the consumption is less than the charge, so my phone is charged when I arrive. It does get very hot after a couple of hours though. Not sure if that's down to poor qi placement on the not-suitable holder or the qi charging or even the satnav though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos