Better Case For 1020

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Nothing beats OtterBox in terms of protection. The feather case may help with a small fall, but protection is minimal. Conversely, the feather lighter than the OtterBox.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am very happy with my Speck Candyshell. It looks great in yellow, provides good protection, while being relatively light and low profile compared to an otterbox. I had been using my camera grip most of the time, but now use the speck on days when I go to work.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, it's the best balance for bulkiness and protection. I don't need military-grade protection from the Otterbox Defender, I just need it to be protected if its dropped, so I'd like it to look it.

That said, I have dropped it a few times, most of the time, it probably would have been fine without a case. But there were a few occasions where it went flying or was slammed down hard. It has never suffered any damage and I'm glad to have the case, especially since the case is under $10 (under $20 for me since I had to buy two to get the style I wanted).

After several months, the hard portion of the case is showing wear on the corners. It's taken quite a beating and for another $8, I may just order another one in another month or two.

ifalldownalot

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Poetic Atmosphere case. I have a white 1020 that I wanted to show off and protect at the same time.

also, I very rarely drop my phone so I don't worry about that much.

Deviantelf

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I am very happy with my Speck Candyshell. It looks great in yellow, provides good protection, while being relatively light and low profile compared to an otterbox. I had been using my camera grip most of the time, but now use the speck on days when I go to work.

I've been using the Candyshell for a few months now and really like it. It's raised above the screen and around the camera so unless you are unlucky and drop it on something like a rock direct to screen/camera they are protected. I also like the grip on the back. The buttons are covered but don't feel off like some cases do, even the half press for the camera to focus feels fine and responsive.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the poetic atmosphere case too. I like the looks and how it shows my yellow phone, and it seems to protect the phone well, and the camera bump has a little ridge to keep the lens off of a table when you set it down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon