GIF rotation issue in Cinemagraph

davidmstoll

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I recently took a picture on my 1020 using Cinemagraph and because I was aiming down, the rotation was off. I thought I was taking it in landscape, but upon review, it was in portrait. No big deal right? Just rotate it. So I did that and saved it. Then I edited further by making some parts move using the animation feature. I got it just the way I wanted it, saved it and exported to GIF.

However, the resulting GIF was un-rotated (like the original). I think this may be a problem because a rotation would have to rotate all 10 images in the NAR (zip) file, which it doesn't look like it does. When I rotate it and save it, I think what it is doing is saving a 5MP rotate version.

Seems like a feature that doesn't exist? The only way I can think of actually doing this is to unzip the nar file, rotate all the images, rezip and edit again with Cinemagraph, but that seems a bit tedious.

Thoughts?

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I noticed after the latest cinemagraph update that the preview in camera roll now takes up the whole screen, which may appear to you as being portrait because regular photos are shown in landscape. If that is the case that made you think it's portrait then no it is landscape and you shouldn't have rotated it.

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Well since it's just one cinemegraph, might as well do it manually (hope the app still recognizes it after messing with its files)
You'll know better the next time... cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos