Can I delete Retail demo mode from my lumia 1020?!!!!

Oubeid

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Today I just got a new Nokia Lumia 1020 brought to me by a friend (From the UK), but I was disapointed when I found out that it's actually running a Demo Version of WP8!!! It is not even GDR3!! And I am so used to WP8.1 on my HTC 8X!! The problem is that I can not do a damn thing on this 1020! I take some pictures, they get wiped when the device launches the demo, the same thing happens to every contact I save or any call I make.. I can't sync my settings, contacts and stuff like that cause I cant mess with the accounts!! And I am really confused!! I was waiting for this device for so long and now I dont know what to do with it! So anyone can help me here?? I need to know if it is possible to delete the demo mode?!! Flashing my lumia or something? Cuz after all its a software issue, it can be solved right?!

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why you can't download Nokia software updater for retail (do a quick search around here for it). It will let you put the most recent OS on it, which should be without the demo mode. UNLESS the demo units are just that, for demo ONLY, and not a full featured model...

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I think we can't link here, but do a search for Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 5.2.92.1418, that might work. You might need another tool to download the retail firmware though. Possibly Navifirm+?

EDIT: Nokia software updater for retail, as mentioned before me, would likely be easier if that works.

ptfuzi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I could be a retailer.. Is there any way to do it or where can i get that info?
Thanks again

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Oubeid

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Well guys, thank you all for responding, and yeah JaiMento good question "ptfuzi" why would you want to?? Anyway.. I solved the problem, I tried a hard reset on my 1020 and now it's working like a charm.. Fully functional.. Turned out that the demo mode is just like a company app that makes it impossible for you to access most of the devices features.. After the hard reset, everything was wiped out.. So problem solved.. ;)

Offiasi

May 9, 2016
Visit site
To Reset a retail mode phone

Resetting a demo phone deactivates retail mode, erases demo content, uninstalls apps, and restores factory settings. To reset a phone that is in retail mode, follow these steps:
Open Settings > About and scroll to the bottom of the screen, then tap Update demo phone.
Next, tilt the phone in the following directions:
Tilt the phone to the left. Give the phone a second or two to redraw in landscape.
Tilt the phone upright. Give the phone a second or two to redraw in portrait.
Tilt the phone to the right. Give the phone a second or two to redraw in landscape.
Tilt the phone upright.
Notice the text in the dialog changes from confirming an update to confirming a reset. Resetting a demo phone removes all of the demo content and apps and restores factory settings. To continue, tap Yes.
Next, you?ll see the goodbye screen. The phone should restart and display rotating gears as it removes the demo content and apps. After the phone restarts, it returns to the setup Welcome screen. At this point reset is complete, and the phone is no longer in retail mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb