Trouble viewing Photos from desktop

Bonnie_Raitt

May 16, 2014
Visit site
My wife has a Lumia 1020 and takes lots of photos with it. When we are traveling we can use our laptop to view the camera roll when the phone is connected to the USB port. However, when we are at home and she plugs it into her desktop with a USB cable, the photos do not display correctly

What happens when the camera roll is opened is that the photos start rendering fine and then at some point they stop. The progress bar across the top of Windows Explorer continues to move but nothing happens. I have tried it several times with different USB cables and ports and each time it does the same thing. It doesn't always stop at the same place either. Sometimes it will render 10 photos and a different time it will render 25. However, it never makes it through the entire contents.

Has anyone seen this behavior and/or know how to correct it?

Both the laptop and the desktop are running Windows 7 and the 1020 is running the latest version of WP8

asset

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
generally this kind of mounting using different file system structure that you are seeing in a normal directory anyway is thumbnail will generate for all of your shots?

Bonnie_Raitt

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled 1020 from Device manager
I uninstalled the Windows Phonr App
I reinstalled the Windows Phone App
I connected the phone and had the drivers reload (apparently successfully)

Now I can not even to get it to list any files on the 1020.

Let me clarify my end if there is any confusion.

I am NOT using the Windows Phone App in this situation. I am using Windows Explorer. On my laptop, the phone shows up as another drive and I can browse it like any other drive. On the desktop, I used to be able to browse it until I got to the Camera Roll which would render some photos then stop with a spinning curser. Now I get the spinning curser right away.

Any other ideas?

Bonnie_Raitt

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried the steps you suggested. Now the behavior is worse. It will not render any of the photos in Camera Roll. In fact when I try to explore the 1020 with Windows Explorer, I immediately get a spinning curser and cannot proceed until I close the window.

Let me clarify in case there is confusion. I am not using the Windows Phone App. I am using Windows Explorer.

On the laptop I can browse the phone like any other hard drive. On the desktop, I cannot.

Any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99