Lumia 1020 Flash too bright in manual focus

superpos

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Lumia 1020 friends.
I discover a really annoying bug when using flash and manual focus.
So to reproduce it with no doubt, use a white subject, like a written paper, or something white to capture at a very close distance, let's say 20 cm (or 7 inches). Then :

- Open Nokia Camera.
- First thing, select manual focus.
- Be sure Flash is on.
- Now take the picture.

What you now (should) have is an unusual burned picture.
If you take the same picture, with totally the same settings, and using autofocus, instead, the light is normal and the paper correct.

I discover a "workaround" with pressing the autofucus button, let it try to focus something, first, and then using Manual Focus (it seems like a first procedure in autofocusing resets some parameters).
After this and taken the picture, flash and light seem correct, but comparing the autofocus picture taken first, with the Manual Focus one taken later, the manual one results again a bit brighter (in my example the color changed and the more brightness is barely noticeable, but I assure you, depending on colors and distance, it gets just more).

Camera Issue.jpg

I already tried on 3 1020s.

1 - mine
2 - a friend of mine's
3 - one in a NStore shop directly from the shelf (the employer was embarassed for not knowing that issue).

The problem alyways occurred.
So could you try it, too? If it's something missed by Nokia maybe they can easily fix it.

Thanks!

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't observed this with my 1020, but I can give it a try. I don't know why changing the focusing mode would affect the metering or auto-exposure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss