1020 GPS exif not in large JPG

davidmstoll

May 12, 2014
Visit site
It appears that only the 5MP jpg has the coordinates. Is there a way to have the phone embed the coordinates in the large JPG automatically? I'm aware of the Exif Tool that you can run on a PC and manually enter the coordinates, but it seems like both JPG's should get the coordinates automatically.

Here's the strange part. I can get the coordinates into the highres/large jpg if I crop (or presumably edit in any way) using Nokia Camera. If I crop the image, as everyone knows, it uses the highres as a reference and the saved image gets written over the 5MP jpg. In doing this, the coordinates get transferred to the new edited 5MP JPG and also get transferred back to the large/highres JPG!?!?!

Very strange and I hope this can be fixed in a upcoming update...or am I doing something wrong?

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My new 1020 was doing the same thing, then just started working out of nowhere. Try opening both map apps (Nokia & the built in Map app) if you've never opened them before & see if that helps.

I could be wrong, but I think Maps have to be activated at least once to get all the GPS stuff correct in photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99