Blurry Pictures with 1020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace Hall-Stanger

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Nokia Lumia 1020 for about a year, I believe. Just recently (within the last week), it has started taking blurry pictures. No matter what I do, the pictures are blurry. The farther away from the object I am, the blurrier they get. I know how to use my camera well, I have reset the settings on the camera app, done a soft reset on the phone, cleaned the lens, everything, but the pictures are still blurry. Any advice?

I have also had the screen replaced three times, but these are far in the past and there were no problems after the replacement.

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Try placing your phone on a firm, solid surface (a tripod would be perfect) and take a picture in both autofocus and manual focus. If the problem presists it might be the OIS failing, but that's just a speculation

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
What happens when you use different modes (macro, manual focus etc) on the camera?

Also, does this happen in Nokia Camera and the built-in app? How about 3rd party camera apps?

Jace Hall-Stanger

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Zerveone- I tried this, but the pictures are as blurry as ever.

Nick- The macro and manual are both blurry. Taking a close-up picture with the auto focus is alright- it's less blurry. What you would expect from a basic phone camera (not a smartphone). I normally use the Nokia Camera app, but all the apps are blurry. I don't use any third party apps. Are there any you would reccomend that might work?

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I got this same issue around the time 8.1 was released, maybe prior. I'm hoping it's just software and Nokia's cyan release will correct things.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't make sense that you could rest the phone on something sturdy and still get blurry images. Definitely sounds like a software issue, if that's true. I'd probably wipe the device if it important to fix the issue. You could try the stock Microsoft camera first though. Or just delete and reinstall Nokia Camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium