Anyone else experience this? It seems to have occurred recently and am wondering if it is related to the recent Nokia camera/beta camera updates. I'm running 8.1 DP but I don't believe I was having this issue before and I don't believe I have had any recent big falls or jolts to the phone that might cause mechanical problems and I believe the zoom works fine in still pictures.
    05-25-2014 08:10 PM
    Anyone else experience this? It seems to have occurred recently and am wondering if it is related to the recent Nokia camera/beta camera updates. I'm running 8.1 DP but I don't believe I was having this issue before and I don't believe I have had any recent big falls or jolts to the phone that might cause mechanical problems and I believe the zoom works fine in still pictures.
    I've had blurry infinity focus forever since I got the phone. What do you mean by zoom issues when recording video?
    05-26-2014 01:23 AM
    When zoomed in full..say outdoors..good light so no question it should be able to focus..it is blurry..the autofocus seems to struggle..its blurry. I've never had problems with zoom in video previously
    05-26-2014 06:22 AM
    Have you made sure you're recording in the maximum recording quality? Is the video mode in auto?
    05-26-2014 02:09 PM
    Yes thanks..nothing has changed and looking back at videos created prior to 5/12 when both Nokia camera (beta and non) were applied it does not seem to have this issue...able to confirm again today that it continues to do this when zoomed in...subject remains way out of focus. Is there another 3rd party camera app that takes advantage of video zoom anyone knows of that I could try to see if it is jn fact the Nokia software update perhaps?
    05-26-2014 05:50 PM
    Yes thanks..nothing has changed and looking back at videos created prior to 5/12 when both Nokia camera (beta and non) were applied it does not seem to have this issue...able to confirm again today that it continues to do this when zoomed in...subject remains way out of focus. Is there another 3rd party camera app that takes advantage of video zoom anyone knows of that I could try to see if it is jn fact the Nokia software update perhaps?
    I've heard of some other 1020 users apparently having issues with their images and videos taken on 8.1 in the forums - if you really think it's going to detract from the use of your phone you can always downgrade back to 8.0, otherwise Nokia will probably fix it in the Cyan update coming in a month or two
    05-29-2014 04:14 PM
    This issue affect stills too. I find it better with auto fucos than the infinity setting. :)
    05-31-2014 12:45 AM
    This issue affect stills too. I find it better with auto fucos than the infinity setting. :)
    Any chance you could post some pics in here for comparison?
    05-31-2014 08:50 PM
    My issue seems to have been fixed today with the Nokia Camera Beta update released...although nit specifically mentioned in the fixes from the description of what it did fix along with other "bug" it seems there were quite a few significant bugs so it would not surprise me if this was one of them...just glad its back to normal..at least for me
    06-06-2014 01:13 PM