Sudden video zoom issues. Blurry zoom when at infinity.

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experience this? It seems to have occurred recently and am wondering if it is related to the recent Nokia camera/beta camera updates. I'm running 8.1 DP but I don't believe I was having this issue before and I don't believe I have had any recent big falls or jolts to the phone that might cause mechanical problems and I believe the zoom works fine in still pictures.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experience this? It seems to have occurred recently and am wondering if it is related to the recent Nokia camera/beta camera updates. I'm running 8.1 DP but I don't believe I was having this issue before and I don't believe I have had any recent big falls or jolts to the phone that might cause mechanical problems and I believe the zoom works fine in still pictures.

I've had blurry infinity focus forever since I got the phone. What do you mean by zoom issues when recording video?

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
When zoomed in full..say outdoors..good light so no question it should be able to focus..it is blurry..the autofocus seems to struggle..its blurry. I've never had problems with zoom in video previously

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes thanks..nothing has changed and looking back at videos created prior to 5/12 when both Nokia camera (beta and non) were applied it does not seem to have this issue...able to confirm again today that it continues to do this when zoomed in...subject remains way out of focus. Is there another 3rd party camera app that takes advantage of video zoom anyone knows of that I could try to see if it is jn fact the Nokia software update perhaps?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes thanks..nothing has changed and looking back at videos created prior to 5/12 when both Nokia camera (beta and non) were applied it does not seem to have this issue...able to confirm again today that it continues to do this when zoomed in...subject remains way out of focus. Is there another 3rd party camera app that takes advantage of video zoom anyone knows of that I could try to see if it is jn fact the Nokia software update perhaps?

I've heard of some other 1020 users apparently having issues with their images and videos taken on 8.1 in the forums - if you really think it's going to detract from the use of your phone you can always downgrade back to 8.0, otherwise Nokia will probably fix it in the Cyan update coming in a month or two

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My issue seems to have been fixed today with the Nokia Camera Beta update released...although nit specifically mentioned in the fixes from the description of what it did fix along with other "bug" it seems there were quite a few significant bugs so it would not surprise me if this was one of them...just glad its back to normal..at least for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte