If the 1020 has a successor, what type of camera tech would you want to see? I'll list mine.

1. A much faster processor. The Snapdragon 805 supposedly has native 55 MP support with improved ISP. Please use this processor.
    2. A bigger sensor. 1" would be nice but the size of the 808 would be fine. Better for lowlight.
    3. Better macro support. If they can add attachable lenses without making it bulkier, I'm all for that.
    4. Add a dedicated image processor. To save battery and make the camera faster. Now if they have an 805 and its ISP is as good as they claim, this might not be needed.

What I don't want to see: More Megapixels. The 1020's real star is the sensor size and OIS. 41 MP is fine. Also, I don't mind the hump for the OIS. Please don't make it software OIS.
    05-27-2014 03:11 AM
    First off all it should have a great battery life. That can be managed by new SoC. Snapdragon 805 , 2/3GB ram , 3500mah battery life , full hd display (5inch ) , OIS , fruity colours and most important it should have a micro SD card slot.it would be great if Nokia combines Nokia refocus app in Nokia camera.
    palandri and Guytronic like this.
    05-27-2014 09:12 AM
    More natural colors, like the 808. I understand why they made the colors a little oversaturated, but I don't like it. Beyond that, yeah, just faster use. I can't really think of much else off the top of my head... For the camera alone, at least.
    05-27-2014 01:25 PM
    1: More speed in opening the camera app and taking a photo. If Nokia is focusing in fotography, and want people to buy their products because of a camera smartphone, it has to be REALLY quick. I don't know if that depends of the processor, but they MUST do that. It will make the camera a really nice experience since you take out your phone and start using it for point-and-shoot and also taking your time for a more elaborate photo.
    2: It would be so much better if you can customize your gallery with a few settings (like for example, how many miniatures you want to show in a row when you are watching yout photo album, or to sort your photos by the people inside of them, or maaaybe by the time of the day you take them: day, night)
    3: The battery can improve a little, people ask for more mAh but they don't really consider a very important fact that is efficiency in battery consumption, if your camera is faster, you have to wait less and also use less screen time, so that helps to save battery.
    05-28-2014 03:21 PM
    1) ability to take quality photos at higher ISO.
    2) ready to attach 3rd party filters.
    3) ability to increase the shutter time to greater than 4 seconds in low light.
    4) better battery life would be great.
    5) Ability to select any camera app that is launched when waking up with the camera button.
    Given the free access to Onedrive, I don't see the need for a micro SD slot, but it doesn't hurt to include it for those who want it. I'd want to see more than 7 gig or whatever it is that they offer for onedrive, plus continue to make it easier to use.
    05-28-2014 03:59 PM
    Hubble lens
    05-28-2014 06:03 PM
    A bigger image sensor.
    05-28-2014 07:42 PM
    A bigger image sensor.
    ^^ this ;-) and refined optics to try and eliminate side softness in some 1020s ;-) bigger battery and snapdragon 805 ;-) waterproof design ;-) micro sd slot

I would love too see them take it to the max and get a 1" sensor in there but ois might be tricky with that big sensor In a phone and it might be thick ....... but never say never ;-)
    05-29-2014 05:52 AM