How's your 1020 battery life?

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I would exchange it. I have had two 1020s. My first one had HORRIBLE battery life. It could drop 20% battery/hour. I returned it and got another one, this one can EASILY last 2-3 days with medium use. It's night and day between the two.

Medo0

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I dont have glance background on, but i have set mine to peek mode. standby time is different for the phone...in airplane mode mine would easily last over a week. you need to see what apps are taking up battery both current and in background mode. also, maybe a hard reset will solve your issues?

How can I see what apps are causing the drain? I've already done a hard reset. Should I do it again?

Medo0

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I would exchange it. I have had two 1020s. My first one had HORRIBLE battery life. It could drop 20% battery/hour. I returned it and got another one, this one can EASILY last 2-3 days with medium use. It's night and day between the two.

I wish I could exchange it. I bought off Amazon and I live in the middle east. So that's nearly impossible. Can Nokia Care change my battery?

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
WP 8 i usually get 2 or three days between charges only have either wifi or mobile data on only have live mail sync , no Facebook or any that stuff running 24/7.. apart from using games i found the WiFi or mobile data increases battery drain ,if switch them off and limit useage ill can get around 5days

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
20hrs in Airplane Mode and my 1020 is reading 96%. Yet, with all my Apps updating in the background and my usage habits, I can kill my device in ~6hrs. (I have only turned the screen on a few times to check the battery level. I just got a 1520 so I'm not using my 1020 right now.)

Usage/Apps are KEY.

Medo0

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Oops, thanked when I meant to quote. :D

8.1 has Battery Saver in the settings and it breaks down what each Apps battery consumption is.
Ohh, I feel like the Battery Saver app shows which apps I use most rather than which ones consume most battery. Today I had the phone in Airplane mode, took 3-4 pics w/ flash and the battery went down from %70 to %66. Is this normal? I've heard that flash drains battery but %4 in just 5 minutes? That's insane! This is a phone for photographers. I would need 5+ camera grips so I want it to survive while taking pics during a trip...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes