considering buying a Rogers Nokia 1020 for use on Bell in Canada

Stertinius

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for some information on weather the Nokia 1020 if purchased from Rogers and unlocked will work on the bell network. I am pretty confident the 3G will work but what I am concerned about is what will the status of the LTE be has anyone purchased this and have it working on the bell network

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually just unlocked a Telus 1020 and started using it Friday morning. Everything worked out of the box, except that you have to make sure the Bell access point settings are active before you can "connect" at LTE. Otherwise, it won't connect above 4G.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for some information on weather the Nokia 1020 if purchased from Rogers and unlocked will work on the bell network. I am pretty confident the 3G will work but what I am concerned about is what will the status of the LTE be has anyone purchased this and have it working on the bell network

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

I think it would work as if I remember correctly all three (bell, rogers, telus and hence virgin, fido, koodo) use the same frequencies for LTE.

ea2099

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 1020 at a Rogers store yesterday, but my first attempt to unlock it (using mobilecanada) was unsuccessful. They said they cannot find a code to unlock it and refunded my money.

Just wondering where else I should try to unlock the device from Rogers. I also plan to use it on Bell.

Appreciate the feedback ...

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 1020 at a Rogers store yesterday, but my first attempt to unlock it (using mobilecanada) was unsuccessful. They said they cannot find a code to unlock it and refunded my money.

Just wondering where else I should try to unlock the device from Rogers. I also plan to use it on Bell.

Appreciate the feedback ...

Mine was unlocked by cellunlocker.net. $15 and got the code in under 5 hours.

ea2099

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I went back to the Rogers dealer store and tried three other phone IMEI's ... and none of them worked. Something about this batch of 1020's on Rogers ... you can't unlock them!

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The only other option would be to actually find a friend who is with Rogers and have them call in and try to get the code for $50+tax. They usually require 90 days of use on the account, but sometimes they just check to make sure it's not blacklisted and happily charge your credit card. That or you could actually sign up with Rogers on a month-to-month plan and use it until you can unlock through your own account.

There is one service that unlocked my Lumia 710 back in the day, when everyone else seemed to fail:

mobifree dot ca

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz