Problems with Whatsapp Resolutions

Ray_Lion

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey
So I got my hands on a new Lumia 1020 yesterday and i admire the camera and so on but there is one issue.
Always when I am trying to send a photo I just took via Whatsapp, it render it so small, that the quality is just horrible and the photo is maybe 40kb in size.
Is there any way to fix this?
Greetings
- Ray

Ray_Lion

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks for the quick answer. The problem is not, that it is getting downsized rather that it gets downsized that much. Other Pictures on my Phone send just fine through whatsapp and the get "normal" whatsapp solutions. but photos i did by myself just get small and ugly :/

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
then i think you should not try taking a picture via whatsapp try lenses such as the default camera app and nokia camera...and then share it via whatsapp....

Ray_Lion

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Did that, here is the result. 30b7fdb97352fb0e41edca281ac6aec7f757c1a1.jpg
Thats not what you think a picture should look like even via whatsapp. But thanks for the help so far. :)

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Quite strange...the camera build quality... Can also be a hardware issue , get in contact with the nearest Nokia service centre as soon as possible...you might get a new device..if you are under your warranty conditions 😉

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with the 1520. Asked 2 friends to test this, the one with the 920 has no issue, the one with the 1520 has the same issue. Pictures sent via WhatsApp come out really small and of mediocre quality. Screenshots and saved pictures are fine, it's only with pictures taken by the device.

Ray_Lion

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Banerjee yours looks fine. Kinda wierd. Pictures I take without sending them are great, no quality loss or sth like that.
@ Thaiti Bob nice to here that i am not the only one with this problem, same here, screenshots etc are fine.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If it affects only the 1020 and 1520 it could be due to their camera chip. In which case the icon/930 should have the same issue.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I put it in the Whatsapp thread this morning, you guys should probably comment over there as it's not specific to just the 1020.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with the 1520. Asked 2 friends to test this, the one with the 920 has no issue, the one with the 1520 has the same issue. Pictures sent via WhatsApp come out really small and of mediocre quality. Screenshots and saved pictures are fine, it's only with pictures taken by the device.

In your case it's neither hardware nor software related. It's a user issue. :p
Seriously though, I was quite surprised to see what WhatsApp did to my beautiful pictures. I assume though they're gonna fix it once they start optimizing for WP 8.1. Which at their current pace is presumably summer 2015.

Beatmaster

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here with my 1020. It started today for me. I tried a soft reset but it did not help. I updated the Nokia pro cam beta. Since then I think I have this problem. But it affects even old photos too.

alanrobinson5538

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Same here. It was fine for me until the recent whatsapp update, and I sent a perfect looking picture yesterday and it came and tiny and virtually unviewable. That was on my Lumia 1520. Perfect before the update though

Sri Krishna

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Guys are you all sure its the whatsapp problem? I have the same problem, its actually our camera problem on the 1520. To check this, check the file size of the pictures you take via your PC. Mine shows less than 40kb per pic!!! Yes 20MP camera taking VGA quality photos. It looks ok on our screens but when whatsap compressors it further then the small pics happen. I think the latest 8.1 update ( the 2nd one) screwed up the camera module for 1020 and 1520.

Be searching the net for fixes, soft reset done. Nothing, praying microsoft will acknowledge can fix this ASAP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster