Blurry pics in low light.

w00cash1020

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey

I've been "practicing" a bit taking pics in random enviorement and I noticed every pic I take in low light is blurry. I cant set focus manually cause the screen is almost black, the pics come out nice except theyre blurry. I dont have alzheimers so my hand dont shake and I tried many settings. Any idea how to make them okayish ?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI, the slightest bit of shake and the picture goes blurry. Use a tripod or monpod if you want perfect pictures or set the shutter speed faster. If I remember correctly the proper shutter speed for low light and not using a tripod is around 1/30s. Use a timer to avoid shake of any sort.

There's many websites around with tips.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The point of the OIS system was to avoid using a tripod.. I am not talking about a handheld 4 sec exposure, but at least down to 1/10th

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
show us some pictures of what you are shooting and the lighting condition?

Remember No Light != Low Light. You will still need that correct amount of light to go into your sensor. When there is too much light the shutter will close faster, likewise when there is no light your shutter will have to open longer.

OIS doesn't give you the magic to do without tripods for long exposures <= 1/10 sec. OIS absorbs only small and sudden movement, not long movement over prolonged amount of time.

One quick search on youtube,
The Secrets to Low Light Photography, Tips and Techniques - YouTube

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how much your tolerance level is when comes to night shots. TBH, photos of night shots will never be as sharp as the ones taken during in the day time, unless you have a tripod with you. Below is the photo taken handheld with the shutter speed of 0.6sec at ISO800.

Personally, I don't find it that bad although the sharpness of the photo is far from the ones I took during the day.

This is another one edited using the SoZoom app. As you see, the sharpness is definitely not there but noise level is minimal and pretty good.

I think for real dark places, the settings of ISO 400 with 0.6s - 0.8s will do fine with the 1020 massive sensor. But if stability is an issue, pushing up the ISO to 800 may be a better choice for you.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
If you can't use the night scene mode in Nokia Camera with the focus assist light because your subject is too far away (the night mode works pretty well in most cases), set the focus to the notch JUST BEFORE infinity focus and let the phone do the rest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12