Resuming..... Ohhh..

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Meh, with the recent rumor of 1020 losing support Sept 2014, I'm done with WP. I love the OS but am having a hard time standing behind a company that doesn't backup proper support...i got this device expecting 2 more years.
Don't let yourself down by those rumours. EoL simply means the device ceases production and sales, the same happened to the 920 a couple of months ago. I am not sure about the 925, there was not a word about it.
The 1020 will still receive support in terms of updates, I am pretty sure we will at least see the 8.1 Update 1, if not even the Update 2 on our 1020s.

However as you have seen with the Cyan update, quite some features are not available for our older devices.

As to the topic, I do not have too many resuming problems on my 1020. Yet I don't have too many apps installed. However when I see it, it is quite annoying indeed. It clearly os not due to the fact WP 8.1 still being in beta, it is not: The Cyan version is the same as the latest DP version.
Cyan also doesn't seem to do much in terms of background optimizations according to some 925 owners who upgraded from DP to Cyan.
Microsoft needs to go back to the drawing board and I also guess app developers need to keep optimizing their apps for 8.1

Kingsly Eleazer

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has fixed the "resuming" issue. It is now upto the developers to update or rewrite their app in winRT. OneMusic, myTube beta, Files, default calendar and facebook beta are some apps written in winRT. If you use and switch between these apps you will realise that the apps open and close almost instantly. But if you switch between winRT and Silverlight apps (which is the case in the current usage scenario) you will see the "resuming" screen because Silverlight and winRT apps handle memory very differently.

TLDR, If you use only winRT apps you will no longer see the "resuming" and "loading" screens

Sent from Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have this resuming screen in android.. It's doesn't matter which app it was.

nobody asks and nobody cares

I think we already got a conclusion in this thread
Microsoft did their part to reduce the "Resuming...", now it's up to the developers to implement it
although, Microsoft can do better by optimizing the old apps

erda0

May 12, 2014
Visit site
nobody asks and nobody cares

I think we already got a conclusion in this thread
Microsoft did their part to reduce the "Resuming...", now it's up to the developers to implement it
although, Microsoft can do better by optimizing the old apps

I care. I moved to windows phone after 5 years with android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6