1020 self dial & takes pics!

Ishmael Kooldip

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

My 1020 calls people in my address book at random, it turns on the camera and takes snaps by itself, the app icons disappear and are re arranged.... anyone had any of these issues? And if yes what do people suggest. Thanks.

Ishmael.:devil:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That's a bit odd I have to admit. I've never heard of anything like that.

You have three things to try but I personally would go for the last one.

1. You have soft reset and see if that clears anything up - hold volume down and power button at the same time. Release once phone vibrates and the phone will restart. No files are deleted.
2. You have hard reset - Settings -> About -> Reset phone - this will delete everything so be sure to backup beforehand.
3. Lastly you have Nokia Software Recovery: FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - UK

That will erase everything but you need a PC to use it. I personally would go with option 3 but that's me.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
my guess is you turned on high sensitivity on the "touch" settings and then you put it in your tight jeans' pocket

if it's not, then apparently there's a ghost in your phone and it needs an exorcism (look up to N_LaRUE's comment for directions)

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Very strange indeed ,if it had been Symbian phone id have said a virus , remember having one them mms gallery to contacts😌

Ishmael Kooldip

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is very strange, it is set to sensitive, however, it is in a cover and sitting untouched on my desk or on my passenger seat in the car when it does this. My friend has Lumina 630 and it also auto dials. I have tried the soft re boot as suggested by N_LaRUE, see how that goes..... but it may be a case of "the ghost in the machine"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills