I can no longer preview photos taken on camera after update

Graphic_Delusions

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I installed a new camera update on my 1020 the other day and I can no longer preview the photo immediately after taking the picture.

The only way to view it now is by checking it in the gallery. It was handy to preview the photo to check whether I needed to re-shoot it due to blurriness, blinking etc..

I've checked all the settings and I can't find an option to bring it back. Any advice? Thanks

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I installed a new camera update on my 1020 the other day and I can no longer preview the photo immediately after taking the picture.

The only way to view it now is by checking it in the gallery. It was handy to preview the photo to check whether I needed to re-shoot it due to blurriness, blinking etc..

I've checked all the settings and I can't find an option to bring it back. Any advice? Thanks

Same here 😊 I was just wondering that too.
Unfortunately that functionality is removed in the update

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
No it hasnt been removed, its still there, but a little confusing... NOKIA have removed the small picture in the circle thats all..

With the buttons facing the top of the phone, so camera is on the left...

in the top left corner of the screen, theres a round white circle with a white camera inside it... touch it and it jumps to the last image taken and the gallery.

I think Nokia have done this so it takes you to the Gallery for editing any shot, rather than just the last image taken.. so you can edit Any of the images

Hope that helps :)

Redawoi

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
There was a difference between both buttons, the icon was for the preview of the 5mp picture, and the small thumbnail opened the 34 mp picture...
now you have to reframe and then you are able to zoom in, after you have saved the refrwmed picture.
or is there another easier way?

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I tried the default setting but nothing happened but the difference is now that when you take a full resolution picture (34 or 38), you can now zoom in already without touching the REFRAME button but if you want to crop or rotate l, then you have to touch the reframe.
That is the latest update details...!

Redawoi

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Same here, restoring defaults dont work for me, but maybe it's because I got the latest updates on developers preview, however, good phone, good camera, and software even good (im using android and wp) and it's my first wp phone :)

Sent from my GT-N8020 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Deutscher2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but I think the one who started this Thread, means something different: In the "old" Nokia Camera, after you hit the Camera-Button, you immediately could see the taken Picture in full screen.

Graphic_Delusions

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but I think the one who started this Thread, means something different: In the "old" Nokia Camera, after you hit the Camera-Button, you immediately could see the taken Picture in full screen.

Yes, that's correct, I am asking exactly that.

I am aware that the preview icon has changed, but I am talking about when the device allows you to see the photo you've taken (for a few seconds) before it goes back to taking another photo.

I've noticed, with this update, the image stutters as you press the button to take a picture. It almost fools you into thinking it's taking a couple photos (burst frames). I really hope they fix this in the next update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs