Hi,

So I have the following problem. I am using Lumia 1020 for the past 6 months (give or take) and unfortunately my job ended today, so I had to return the SIM card I got from them, but was able to keep the phone.

I already have a new postpaid SIM, but this time from a different carrier. The SIM is not yet active (it usually take around 1-2 days). I put the card in the phone and start it up. A demo mode is enabled and it seems I can't get rid of it, there is also no "Reset phone" under "About" in Settings.

I have never experienced something like this, what exactly happened? Do I need to reflash my phone?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    06-26-2014 12:41 PM
    Hey lets begin with a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboot itself(ignore the black screen to power off the phone ).
    palandri likes this.
    06-26-2014 12:48 PM
    Hi,

So I have the following problem. I am using Lumia 1020 for the past 6 months (give or take) and unfortunately my job ended today, so I had to return the SIM card I got from them, but was able to keep the phone.

I already have a new postpaid SIM, but this time from a different carrier. The SIM is not yet active (it usually take around 1-2 days). I put the card in the phone and start it up. A demo mode is enabled and it seems I can't get rid of it, there is also no "Reset phone" under "About" in Settings.

I have never experienced something like this, what exactly happened? Do I need to reflash my phone?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    As far as I know demo phones have a different os system on them, a bloke in an orange shop told me once. (they had loads of display phones being stolen but said it wasn't much of a problem as they wont be able to use them anyways. if it was a demo phone not sure as to why it would now start showing that, not even sure a reflash would be any good as the imei number surely would be no good?
    06-26-2014 12:53 PM
    I can only guess that this was related to inactive SIM card. My carrier provisioned my SIM today and the soft reset helped. The phone is fully operational :)

Thanks for the help.

Regards
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    06-27-2014 05:37 AM
    I can only guess that this was related to inactive SIM card. My carrier provisioned my SIM today and the soft reset helped. The phone is fully operational :)

Thanks for the help.

Regards
    Thanks for keeping us updated , Hope you are enjoying your windows phone Lumia 1020
    06-27-2014 06:37 AM