Favorite News/RSS reader

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have tested them all and bought quite a few as you can see below

wp_ss_20140703_0001.jpg

My rating is as follows
1st - Nextgen: It has everything i need EXCEPT the OPML import but i have solved that from Feedly desktop. It's quick, reasonably customizable and really has all what i have been ranting about all the others.
2nd - Flux: i like it despite its dev being slow with updates and not keeping up with promises. Anyway it has bugs with read content (keeps showing even if it should disappear) and has another few flaws that make it unusable in MRT etc.
3rd - Weaver: I like the UI. Unfortunately adding threads one by one without any chance to import OPML and the fact it keeps crashing while organizing feeds makes me use it less than i would like to
4th - I am with Fuse. It has that Pulse feeling that i love. However again organizing feeds is a mess and lacks things i need.
5th - Collector. It's a gorgeous concept but it's incomplete and with rare updates.

I have tried literally all others too and, to me (it means for my needs), none worked. One is boring, another is buggy, another one is lacking key functions etc. What i use mostly is Nextgen (bought it after extensive testing).

zerum

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have tried Nextgen and Feedly. I find both are quite good readers. So I've had to choose one and decided for Nextgen Reader.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Are there any apps that support Inoreader. I just switched to it from Feedly because Feedly can't seem to get their compatability with craigslist figured out.

CernT

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Latest Magnify is by far the best (design, handling), using the swivel view is recommended for best reading.

girishN

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I like weave news reader, it can sync my feeds, app is quite customizable and has nice animations. And the best thing about it is the 'speak article' feature.

lkessler

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have several hundred RSS feeds that I monitor on my PC with the seldom talked about feed reader built into Internet Explorer, which is where a feed reader should be. I don't normally monitor my feeds on my Windows Phone, but when I'm on the road I do. So I needed a reader that could read in an OPML file with my feeds. Then with a couple of hundred feeds to monitor, I needed it to be reasonably quick to update and show the status as it was going. I wanted it to just highlight the feeds that had new messages and make it easy for me to quickly go through them.

I tried all the Windows Phone feed readers available and all but one failed at these requirements. The only one that worked for me is RSS Central by Adam Dawes. It meets all my requirements and there's only one thing I wished it had: An ability to sync what's read and what's not with my feeds on my PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion