Camera making weird sound

JeffDH

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've had this problem for a few days and it's really weird and hard to explain. I've tried to search for the problem but didn't find any similar threads so I'm curious if I'm the only one with this problem.

So, here it is: sometimes when the camera starts focusing to make a picture, it makes a really high pitched sound. It continues when the camera has focused until the picture is made. The sound certainly doesn't come from the speakers and isn't triggered by the phone itself but purely by the camera on the back, so it has to be something hardware related.

It isn't that big of a problem, the camera certainly isn't malfunctioning, but I was with a friend today who asked me what that sound was and I'm wondering as well, since it isn't supposed to produce sounds like that. :sweaty:

Any others who have experienced the same problem?

EssVeeEll

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Well, I haven't had that problem, but i think I know what it is.

I have a Canon EOS 20D DSLR, and it sometimes does something like that as well. Probably all that's happening is your AF(autofocus) motors are grinding a bit. It's probably nothing to worry about; chances are, there's just a bit of dust in there. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-SVL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss