Do many of you have screen burn in?

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
No burn-in on my 1020, but I'm always changing my wallpaper, Start background, and theme color as well as leaving the phone to turn the screen off after 1 minute.

I get bored with my background in a matter of days though. :p

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried that App "Wipe" and it didn't seem to help. Oh well.

I'll see what the warranty is. Like I said, I'm not overly concerned, as I'm keeping the device as a camera. I use a 1520 as my phone, now. I'm just curious how other 1020's faired. I may think twice about another AMOLED for a few years.

Turanga06

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
:eek: I never noticed that until now! Now I'm annoyed! I'm trying the "Wipe" app and hoping this could "repair" my screen. I have a L1020 with 8 months old.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
How can software fix things what is physical broken or defective.....

burn in happens when you have static text or icons on an AMOLED for too long, the pixels get "stuck". By using an app that flashes many different colors and images, you are basically burning a neutral/solid image back on to the screen. It's quite simple actually :)

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Your talking about reactivation of a stuck pixel...but when its really broke its broke.
When its stuck it isn't really broke, matter of definitions ;)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
try to soft reset, mostly because of the ?display memory?

I've been wanting to do that anyways. What do you lose on a soft reset? Passwords? App logins? Anything?

Edit: Did a little searching. Seemed like a forced reboot, so I did it anyways, although I often shut my devices off. No change. Worth a shot.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Damn those are terrible burn ins, most likely you got sold a return or a demo unit. My L920 is 99% in mint condition.. no thanks to clove.co.uk for the testing and a paperclip.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
burn in happens when you have static text or icons on an AMOLED for too long, the pixels get "stuck". By using an app that flashes many different colors and images, you are basically burning a neutral/solid image back on to the screen. It's quite simple actually :)

Pixels don't get "stuck" on an AMOLED display, the pixels "burn" the phosphor coating on the screen due to prolonged exposure. Pixels can (rarely) get stuck or dead on LCD displays, and apps like the Wiper one are supposed to be used for that.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Demo 1020s are often funny to watch. Few weeks back I saw this one 1020 that had a HUGE burn-in from some popup (something like the "can this app use your location?") permission request.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
They should have expected this to happen. Return the phone immediately!

Not sure its worth it. I could get worse problems with a refurb replacement. I have no intentions on selling this device, as of now. Its a perfect vacation phone, as I use AT&T Next and have to return my newer phones.

If I knew for a fact, id get a brand new phone, I'd be more inclined to return it. Even then I could get a lemon. I think the warranty on a replaced device is 60 days? I don't really think it's worth the gamble. Like I said, it doesn't really bother me.

Last edited:

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
How can software fix things what is physical broken or defective.....

I agree. If you splashed bleach onto a piece of coloured fabric, the only way to disguise it would be to bleach the remaining areas to the same degree. Fabric is one thing, but you don't want to deliberately burn the good areas of the screen until they match the original burnt areas. (Well, I suppose you might, but it's pretty desperate.)

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure its worth it. I could get worse problems with a refurb replacement. I have no intentions on selling this device, as of now. Its a perfect vacation phone, as I use AT&T Next and have to return my newer phones.

If I knew for a fact, id get a brand new phone, I'd be more inclined to return it. Even then I could get a lemon. I think the warranty on a replaced device is 60 days? I don't really think it's worth the gamble. Like I said, it doesn't really bother me.

Warranty on a replacement is 90 days. I would replace it. The ATT replacements are usually in like-new condition. I would definitely replace it if the wiper app is useless

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Pixels don't get "stuck" on an AMOLED display, the pixels "burn" the phosphor coating on the screen due to prolonged exposure. Pixels can (rarely) get stuck or dead on LCD displays, and apps like the Wiper one are supposed to be used for that.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786